BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

My car once again came up with the drivetrain malfunction issue and the dealer once again replaced the DSC unit and wiring after 6 weeks of waiting for parts from Germany.

When I went to pick up the car (was extremely excited given it took so long), realized that they had damaged the passenger side rear fender and broken my rear spoiler (pics attached). According to them the car was hit by a stray bullet!!!

I have complained to BMW Middle East and now complained to BMW Group as the local dealer (Naghi Motors) offered as compensation to fix my car for free and give me a free phone cradle, plus 3 free detailing.

I'm demanding for a replacement given the chronic DSC issue and my car has been shot at while in their possession. Have also demanded carrying over my service package and extended warranty, which cost me c. USD15,000.

Does anyone think I'm being unreasonable? Any suggestions? Also lodging a complaint with local consumer protection authority. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1410003603.186937.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1410003617.392238.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1410003648.825570.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1410003671.836583.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
New car please! What a bunch of arseholes. Lodge a serious complaint to BMW Saudi.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow...can't say that's ever an issue I've had. Sorry to hear...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
No, you are not being unreasonable.

How many times have you had it in to the dealer for the same issue? Over here, you can get the car replaced (bought back) under the "lemon laws" if it has been in for the same repair three times. Also, to tell you that some horse's arse shot your car when you're in the shop to pick up your car is disgraceful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks AGM5. It's happened twice so far. Have engaged the local consumer protection agency now and hopefully they will help. BMW Group and BMW Middle East have so far been of no use. Hate to say it but unlikely going to keep on as a BMW customer after this ordeal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks AGM5. It's happened twice so far. Have engaged the local consumer protection agency now and hopefully they will help. BMW Group and BMW Middle East have so far been of no use. Hate to say it but unlikely going to keep on as a BMW customer after this ordeal.

Who would blame you? The more I look at it the less it looks like a gunshot. Did the bullet go all the way through the door? If it did it should be lodged in one of the seast backs or the dash. If not, it should be inside the body of the car, and recoverable. I would want to find it before I believe their story.

Not sure how things work over there, have not been there since 1991. I would think somebody should be getting a body part cut off as punnishment for this?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. However I have seen and looked at many types/Calibers of bullets and car collisions. I don't believe that's a gun shot. It looks head-on and evena .22 would have gone through. The mark would be totally different if it had been a glancing shot and it still would have likely gone through.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
F that make the dealer buy the car back and order you a new one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All,
Met with BMW today and the good news is that they are replacing my car with a MY2014 given the DSC issue and the gunshot damage. Really happy that the issue is finally resolved and I got to explain the whole ordeal to someone senior within the dealer and got the issue sorted. Pictures attached. Getting her on Tuesday once I'm back. Will keep all posted. Thanks for your feedback / guidance. ImageUploadedByAG Free1410698502.417416.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1410698531.897972.jpg

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
All of those error messages seem related. Can you ask them for the actual 4 digit error codes? It will help future F10/F12/F13 owners in diagnosing problems when they arise if we catalogue them on the forum here.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I'm glad that they are doing the right thing and that you got satisfaction. Enjoy your new Beast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks AGM5! Really enjoying the new ride, albeit taking it easy till I hit 2k km. Haven't launched or dropped into sport/sport plus mode as yet. Another 300 km to go and I'll finally open her up.

@ jcolley, will get the error codes and share with the forum.

Have put some more pics to help show off my new beauty :)
ImageUploadedByAG Free1411590570.468652.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1411590619.139379.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts