BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Chris W has announced the annual Philly Cheesesteak run. Details as follows:

This will be our fourth annual Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run! Over the last three years attendance has been strong and we expect nothing less this year. We would like to keep the bulk of the cars "Euro" related (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc) but if you have friends with nice cars that are outside of those parameters, certainly feel free to invite them. The only reason we're not inviting all makes and models is to keep it from growing to hundreds of cars (which it has been in the past).

2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run
Saturday, May 18, 2012

9:00 am - Meet in Rockville at Mid-Pike Plaza, Toys R Us parking lot
11802 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda, MD 20852

Leave promptly at 10:00 am. It takes approximately three hours to get to Philly from here (with tolls and stops factored in).

11:45 am - Arrive at Delaware House rest stop to regroup and use the restrooms.

12:15 pm - Get back on the road towards Philly.

1:00 pm - arrive at Tony Lukes
39 East Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148

FACEBOOK EVENT <------ click for the event on Facebook.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around
1:00 pm. If you organize any of your own cruises, please let me know and I will spread the word.

Tony Lukes Cheesesteaks website: Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks - The Real Taste of South Philly.

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming.

If you post this on any other forums that I haven't included, please post the link here so I can update the list!

Video from last year:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FtTA1qeyreg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
629 Posts
My wife and I drove up to Philly just to eat here last Fall. She is pumped to drive up again as we have tried all the famous places for a Philly Cheesestake. Tony Luke's is by far the best and well worth the drive. A caravan full of Euro cars! We are in regardless of the weather as there is always my X5 4.8is.....

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'll see everyone Saturday! I'll likely be at Tysons to meet some of the Nova gang and then cruise on over to Rockville.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I guess I'll see everyone Saturday! I'll likely be at Tysons to meet some of the Nova gang and then cruise on over to Rockville.
Hey! what time and where in Tysons is everyone from nova meeting?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey! what time and where in Tysons is everyone from nova meeting?
scroll up to post #2, the one after my main announcement post.

Hopefully weather cooperates! :byebye:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Had a great time running up to Tony Luke's on Saturday morning/afternoon. The day started off a little wet but by the time we roared up 95 into the Baltimore tunnels it was partly sunny and dry all the way. It was great to play "parts pick up man" by running in the rear of the fast pack in my X5 4.8is. The carbon is now gone from any area as it hit the redline on every shift the whole way. :eek:
High Resolution: 2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Philadelphia, PA (5-18-13) « Razzi: Photo Sharing

From the back it was great to see the hot pack hit a left lane hog and then blow around them through traffic. Love them exhaust tones bouncing off the Jersey Walls.

Lots of Images are here 2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Philadelphia, PA (5-18-13) album by 1337Vader « Razzi - Photo Sharing

Thanks to all who set up this fun run :trophy_bronze:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, that was a lot of fun. The driving got just a little too aggressive for my style, once we left the Delaware House, but I played along anyway. Wifey likes to feel the torque of V12TT, and wifey gets what wifey wants.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah, that was a lot of fun. The driving got just a little too aggressive for my style, once we left the Delaware House, but I played along anyway. Wifey likes to feel the torque of V12TT, and wifey gets what wifey wants.
Man, my wife is the exact opposite. lol

What were you driving? MB presume, but which - the SL600?

-----

Thanks for the picture links Stephen!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The SL600 pictured in the advert. Couldn't miss my wife...she had a skirt on that was obviously sized for a 13 year old.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Awesome pictures, it was great seeing everyone. Hopefully the weather is a tad better next time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts