BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well after the release of these awful pictures of a 640/645...sporting some tiny ugly wheels! Lots of BMW fans were hating on the new F12, saying it had no character and it wasn't even good looking the least bit.

BMW finally showed us a good looking Alpine White F12 650. This shows what a difference big wheels can make. The E63 6 series following behind it gives us a good idea as to how it compares (size wise).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
What do you guys think?
unimpressed...front looks horrid, like the f01, and the front side profile looks droopy, completely uninspiring zzzzz

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the lines..I just can't understand the headlight design. It doesn't look like a BMW to me at all...the F10 5 series got such nice/smooth flowing headlights. The F12 got big googly headlights...looks awkward and very NOT BMWish.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I do like the wheels too though.

I am curious why BMW doesn't upgrade the brake calipers.... So many lesser brands have caught on, and it is one of the first mods many people seek.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm not trying to be overly negative, but that looks like a Honda or Acura coupe with a BMW grille.

-b.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To be honest,Im little dispointed.... cuz it looks like a mustang GT from the side and the front lights looks toooo big. so im more prefer the current one. what u guys think

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Wow, I really prefer the E63 over the new version....and not just saying that because I have one lol. Front looks horrible, and the rear looks like a 3 series. At least our cars have character and differentiate from the "normal" BMW. I love our "bangle butt" too, no matter what other people say.

·
Registered
531 Posts
the car is just toooo big

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have to agree.. not impressed. I like the prior E63 generation much better.

The front is okay, but the rest of the car needs work.. needs more to it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't get it. Hasn't the new 650 been shown at auto shows recently? I think there are photos around with zero camouflage.
Only the 650 convertible was shown...no the coupe yet.

Obviously the headlights and bumpers will be the same, the only thing different is the roof line. So yes, we pretty much know what the coupe will look like.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like some Jaguar from 20 years ago. :7:

I see E63 M6 LCI prices going up here in Germany. You need to pay 60.000€-80.000€ for a low kilometer vehicle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, last summer there were plenty of used facelift M6 for 50.000-60.000€. Now you need to pay 60.000-80.000€ for same kilometer. I am talking about maybe 25 cars in total. If you are lucky to get one, dont wait.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i really like the current body style and not the new .................yuk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts