BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
it looks like that is a "per disk" price. so, if you want the entire US, it's double that price. i just got something in the mail from BMW to update my NAV. i think it was $199.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks like that is a "per disk" price. so, if you want the entire US, it's double that price. i just got something in the mail from BMW to update my NAV. i think it was $199.
Yes, $48.99 is foR one disk, but price for both disks is $79.99. Still a lot less than OEM price

·
Registered
60 Posts
The ONLY issue I have with this $ 49.99 version is that it does NOT work with H.U.D.

The "data" for speed traps and cameras is "spotty" but my answer to this is any data is better tha no data

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just ordered mine after reading the thread and getting the overpriced OEM offer - I'll let you know what I think

·
Registered
164 Posts
The ONLY issue I have with this $ 49.99 version is that it does NOT work with H.U.D.

The "data" for speed traps and cameras is "spotty" but my answer to this is any data is better tha no data
it is not true..i have mine for 2 weeks now and it DOES work with HUD...The only thing i see the difference is when u turn on the car it takes a little longer to load the map..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am curious about the "Two Disc" version. My 2008 E60 only uses one disc, right? I have only removed the disc once, and it did not appear to hold more than the single disc. So, how is that the new $ 49.99 versions come in two disc package? I frequently travel between Texas and Louisiana. Does this mean I have to swap discs when I cross the border? That would be Funky! I don't have to do this with current stock 2008 Nav disc?

Comments please?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am curious about the "Two Disc" version. My 2008 E60 only uses one disc, right? I have only removed the disc once, and it did not appear to hold more than the single disc. So, how is that the new $ 49.99 versions come in two disc package? I frequently travel between Texas and Louisiana. Does this mean I have to swap discs when I cross the border? That would be Funky! I don't have to do this with current stock 2008 Nav disc?

Comments please?
I know with the aftermarket non-hard drive nav systems such as the Pioneer one, there is simply too much information to put on a single disc. We're talking millions and millions of POIs and they add more each year so it doesn't surprise me that it has become a two disc system.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Starting in 2010 when Tele Atlas became the supplier of BMW navigation DVDs (Navteq was prior to that) all the navigation maps were split into 2 DVDs - East Coast and West Coast - due to more POIs and road map information. So when you do a cross country trip from NY to LA, you simply swap the DVDs at the Mississippi River, which is used as the borderline for the two maps. We've reviewed the 2011 navigation maps over at the e39 forum http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...ation-dvd-speed-cams-police-traps-review.html and most members agree its a good deal. The seller is very reputable and the customer service is great. For that price you cant go wrong, plus they have a great return policy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just got mine in the mail a week ago. works great. the speed/red light cameras really help in areas that you are unfamiliar.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just ordered my dvd set as well. I'll let you know

·
Registered
267 Posts
Arrived

The 2011 Navi DVD works very well. More Points of Interest, updated maps and the new addition of live speed traps as well as speed and red light cameras. The only issue I have is that finding the latter trap and camera options is a bit difficult, you have to enter the Information portion of the navigation and then click car and travel then do a search and specify the distance. As for the red light cameras, there are a few known by me that did not come up which was disappointing. Overall I'm pleased, especially considering the price.

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 another happy camper here!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought this disk -- quick question re: update message?

I just received this disk and had a quick question. I put in the new disk and got a message to "system needs to update -- shut off the system for 5 minutes and turn the system back on" --(not the exact words).

My question is how do I "turn off the system". Does that mean just shutting the engine off?

I don't recall having this issue/message when I bought the 20009.1 DVD update directly from the dealer 2 years ago.

Is this an issue with this DVD copy? Perhaps a different type of disk?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts