BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

My buddy has a 2011 535 and his iDrive phone list has an option to set the list format and sort order to "First Name Last Name" (i.e Kent Mitchell). In my 2010 M6 there is only "Last Name, First Name" (ie Mitchell, Kent) (no option to change it in the options). Does anyone out there have different (updated) SW for a 2010 M5 or M6 that presents this option in the options of the phone list? Is the 2011 iDrive SW loadable into the 2010?

TIA

Kent

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have A 2010 M5 that just had the software updateded last week. And it now can do that list names either way. I know it was not an option before.. hope this helps

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps tremendously. Now I can push my SA to update the SW for me ..... I'm gonig to try to use the argument that I just brought it brand new and I expected to have the most current SW. BTW they also have a 2009 Nav DVD loaded in the iDrive so I'm going to get them to update that too so I don't have to buy a damn $199 dvd to get a Nav that should have been current at time of purchase.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK because of a few other issues I raised BMW decided to update the SW and I now have First Name Last Name as an option. So ... if you want this and you have a 2010 you need a SW update. BTW the one that got them to do the udpate was an odd problem I had where the iDrive would mute the Radio and not be able to unmute it later. It think it was related to Bluetooth setup and muting the radio as part of disconnecting the phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts