BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2010 that is replacing my 2008. Was there a change in the system? I swear, the system in the 2010 just doesnt sound as good.... not as much bass, not as full, etc...

thanks!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought the exact same when i picked up my 2010. There is no bass at all? I don't feel anything at all with a significant volume level, even if im playing a bass tester. I thought it was my car only, but i think this is something across the board. Are there any equalizer settings that will change the way the system sounds drastically?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
If both the 08 and '10 were equipped with Enhanced Premium Sound, I'm just about 100% positive they have the exact same Dirac sound system. Maybe one of the speakers went out on your new M5? That's the only possible explanation I can think of...

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stereo? What stereo? Have had my M5 almost a month and am still mesmerized by the sound of the engine. I guess I should check to make sure my stereo works.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The DIRAC system is listed an BMW Individual Audio. Any other way its worded, then its not the DIRAC system (ie BMW Business, BMW Premium).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts