BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to know if the 2010 headlights are a direct plug & play to install on previous year models for ex. my 2007?

I would guess it'll need some sort of a module like the Bruce V cables, no?

(Has anyone done this mod?)

Please let me know more on this mod, bc it is something I am looking forward to on doing before I start modding heavily.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Reactions: itzjOw3

·
Registered
596 Posts
I dont see a difference in headlights from 2006 and on other than maybe no orange corner light..?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought these OEM LCI headlights from Umnitza m•nitza | 925 • 521 • 0577 BMW Angel Eyes | Lexus Angel Eyes | Nissan Daylight Demon Eyes Angel Eyes | Auto Parts

I have a 2006, no LCM was needed, but I needed to re-wire the plugs to different pinouts, and then the headlights were plug and play. I also installed Umnitza Genesis AE bulbs to get rid of the headlight error, the only error light I had was for the adaptive lights but you can have it turned off at the dealer.

Hope that helps
Are those OEM from BMW or are they modified by Umnitza in some way?

So installing these headlights I would get an error reading and to bypass that I would need to buy the Umnitza Genesis AE bulbs with it too?

Dam this is such a pain...I really want to do this mod before doing anything major on my car.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I dont see a difference in headlights from 2006 and on other than maybe no orange corner light..?
Yes gets rid of the amber corners

Are those OEM from BMW or are they modified by Umnitza in some way?

So installing these headlights I would get an error reading and to bypass that I would need to buy the Umnitza Genesis AE bulbs with it too?

Dam this is such a pain...I really want to do this mod before doing anything major on my car.

Thanks for the info!
They're OEM from BMW and yes depending on what plugs you have you may need to modify the wiring, I'm not sure if 06 and 07 have 1 or 2 plugs. But the LCI ones has 1 plug and my car has 2 plugs...

Yes installing the Genesis AE bulbs got rid of my error light, it's not too complicated to do, I would recommend you email Matt for more info

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
itzjOw3 , you need the headlight and tailight retrofit plugs to finish your retrofit, if yours is a 2007 and comes with the upgradable LCM (Light control module), you can get your dealer to perform a retrofit upgrade, meaning the lcm will be programmed to run the new lights (beware, you cannot turn back your module to the old state).

you would need at least V31/32 Progman update to my knowledge for things to function correctly as well. but as you have a 2007 , you probably alreadfy have it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thats the only difference?
Pretty much, it gives the car a much updated look ...

My new headlight vs My old headlight

·
Registered
316 Posts
My car came with these...I was told they were the Euro headlight with the HID color high beams as well (I think that's where the blue color comes from). My guess is that's what Matt's are as well. FWIW, mine are REALLY REALLY bright, and I love em. No error messages either.

Attachments

Reactions: Giraym5

·
Registered
316 Posts
After a closer look, my side markers are of the same style as the orange ones in the previous comparison picture, except mine are white. That tells me that mine are indeed factory, but from Europe. The set Matt is selling has a different side marker all together...so the set Matt is selling is either aftermarket, or the 2010 factory headlights have a different side marker all together. If they do, that's pretty cool, but it also answers another question from earlier...if those are factory, they not only eliminate the amber color, they also give you an updated side marker light.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep, 2010 factory headlights have different side markers all together

·
Registered
316 Posts
Aaaaarrrggghhh....I...must....not...upgrade....again. Repeat until urge passes...LOL! I am happy with mine, but those are bad ***.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty much, it gives the car a much updated look ...

My new headlight vs My old headlight

Thanks for posting these up to clarify!

I hate looking at my 07 headlights compared to the new 10's...

I feel my M5 is so outdated in appearance bc of it and it bugs the hell out of me!

Btw Andy was telling me you were in the market for a new exhaust, which one did you end up going with?

Post up some new updated pictures :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
My car came with these...I was told they were the Euro headlight with the HID color high beams as well (I think that's where the blue color comes from). My guess is that's what Matt's are as well. FWIW, mine are REALLY REALLY bright, and I love em. No error messages either.
i almost bought that car..... man send me an email..... is the heads up display working now?

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for posting these up to clarify!

I hate looking at my 07 headlights compared to the new 10's...

I feel my M5 is so outdated in appearance bc of it and it bugs the hell out of me!

Btw Andy was telling me you were in the market for a new exhaust, which one did you end up going with?

Post up some new updated pictures :cool:
I was in the same boat, it wasn't just the amber corners that bothered me but the whole housing itself was outdated looking!

I ended up purchasing the RPi GTS exhaust system and I'm really happy with it. Did you get an exhaust yet? Andy told me you're looking at the Eisenmann race and Evosport?

I have a few more mods up my sleeve so I'll try to get new updated pictures as soon as I have everything installed ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts