BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally had this fault and replaced, clutch position sensor, flywheel and clutch and the guide. Drove much better and no faults. Now I will randomly get the same code and I’ll get the intermittent trans warning on dash which turns itself off within 30 seconds or so. I have no other trans faults but this. I feel like the trans fault comes on when I don’t hold the brake and shift too soon. Example, reversing and maybe not depressing the brake fully before putting it into drive. It also reminds me of a warning I would get on my e70 X5M when I wouldn’t tap brake before changing gears. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything.

Any suggestions?
Attached are photos of parts replaced.

.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the same code I replaced clutch flywheel clutch position sensor clutch slave cylinder and all is good now

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess you did a clutch adaptation once you'd changed out the clutch, flywheel and guide?

Yes,
All work done at dealer so they did all the stand procedurals that come with replacing those parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same code I replaced clutch flywheel clutch position sensor clutch slave cylinder and all is good now

Hmm, I believe my tech would have seen if there was a leak of any sort. Is it possible that slave is faulty without a leak? I am receiving the trans fault more as I break in my clutch & flywheel(only about 425 miles since replacement). And I honestly do see it more during those reverse to drive shifts, as if it’s missing the change and throws fault.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have any insight/suggestions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmm, I believe my tech would have seen if there was a leak of any sort. Is it possible that slave is faulty without a leak? I am receiving the trans fault more as I break in my clutch & flywheel(only about 425 miles since replacement). And I honestly do see it more during those reverse to drive shifts, as if it’s missing the change and throws fault.

Hard to say but for mines the clutch slave wasn’t leaking

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Clutch valve leak by allows some bleed off of the slave cylinder. The slave motion is detected by the SMG module seeing the PLCD move while not being commanded, thus the "position deviation".

Remove the clutch valve and replace the orings with 75 durometer viton in 1.6mm diameter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clutch valve leak by allows some bleed off of the slave cylinder. The slave motion is detected by the SMG module seeing the PLCD move while not being commanded, thus the "position deviation".

Remove the clutch valve and replace the orings with 75 durometer viton in 1.6mm diameter.

So just the O-Rings? Wouldn’t replace control valve and or slave cylinder?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
$5 or $690, your choice. I've literally never seen one of these bad and I've worked on over 100 of these hydraulic units in some manner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replaced the Clutch Slave Cylinder Part # 23-01-7-838-938 and the Control Valve Part # 23-01-7-845-630. SO far it shifts unbelievably smooth with no clunks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts