BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, looking to part ways (sadly) with my low mileage, excellent condition M5. Everyone knows the 2010 is the pinnacle of the E60 M5 with so many of the previous years' 'issues' resolved.
  • SMG
  • 34K miles (~55K km),
  • Carbon Swartz Metallic (416M) with black merino leather and Alcantara headliner
  • Madeira Nutwood trim
  • Active bolsters
  • Adaptive headlights
  • garaged from Nov-Mar annually during ownership. Had the car for 2.5 years and put on about 16K km.
  • Have a fully transferrable warranty that covers a lot that runs through to Jun 2022. (coverage includes: Engine All, Transmission All, Differential All, All Seals & Gaskets for parts in previous components, All Wear & Tear parts in previous components, Towing and Trip interruption benefits, Braking system, Electrical system, AC system, Fuel and Injection systems, Steering systems)
Maintenance:
  • Regular oil changes (have recent Blackstone report)
  • new OEM battery in last year
  • just did power steering fluid service
  • Recent Carfax also available

Tons more photos i can share with interested parties. some crappy (sorry) you tube videos of recent driving, cold start, and acceleration.

Price is inline with similar listings sold on BAT - willing to negotiate with right buyer. Needs a good home as its a survivor - never abused!
Car is in Vancouver BC, Canada, but originally US car so easy import back stateside. Willing to help with whatever is required. Also willing to store over winter for buyer in fully enclosed garage w/ trickle charger and cover.

Any questions, feel free to call me Al - 604-992-081FIVE
or email: [email protected]
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Automotive design Car Fixture Car seat cover
Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Vehicle
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow really nice example!
Is it more like a really dark bluish color? I haven't seen this color before.
I noticed same set of pictures were posted multiple times.

What's a typical process to import a car from Canada to the US?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Beautiful car!

I have your twin (2010 Carbon Black SMG) with over double the miles + ventilated seats.

@Apex Chaser I believe Carbon Black was only offered in 09 and 10 MYs. Its appearance changes depending on ambient lighting --- at high noon sun it will appear a dark metallic blue. In the evening or foggy mornings it looks a menacing shade of black. I'm almost always a black car guy, but I really enjoy this unique color on the E60.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Beautiful car!

I have your twin (2010 Carbon Black SMG) with over double the miles + ventilated seats.

@Apex Chaser I believe Carbon Black was only offered in 09 and 10 MYs. Its appearance changes depending on ambient lighting --- at high noon sun it will appear a dark metallic blue. In the evening or foggy mornings it looks a menacing shade of black. I'm almost always a black car guy, but I really enjoy this unique color on the E60.
Are the ventilated seats a part of option package?
I thought they were a standard on these.

It seems that black color is the most common color for E39 and E60 M5s.
I guess most people like black color on these.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow really nice example!
Is it more like a really dark bluish color? I haven't seen this color before.
I noticed same set of pictures were posted multiple times.

What's a typical process to import a car from Canada to the US?
Thanks Apex, it is Blue in some light and Black in others. It’s a very unique color. As for import back to US. It’s mostly about paperwork. Filing can be done online and then I think there is a 72 hour waiting period once approved for importation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi folks, just providing a bit more info on car. Attached below is a Blackstone Oil Analysis from earlier this year but less than 1,000miles ago. Also is a BMW completed pre-purchase inspection report that was just done Sept 8th. i can't locate the window sticker in my files, but will load a copy of that next week (Wed/Thurs) when i'm home again.

Font Material property Parallel Paper Pattern

Font Material property Terrestrial plant Parallel Symmetry

Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

Motor vehicle Font Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey folks, looking to part ways (sadly) with my low mileage, excellent condition M5. Everyone knows the 2010 is the pinnacle of the E60 M5 with so many of the previous years' 'issues' resolved.
  • SMG
  • 34K miles (~55K km),
  • Carbon Swartz Metallic (416M) with black merino leather and Alcantara headliner
  • Madeira Nutwood trim
  • Active bolsters
  • Adaptive headlights
  • garaged from Nov-Mar annually during ownership. Had the car for 2.5 years and put on about 16K km.
  • Have a fully transferrable warranty that covers a lot that runs through to Jun 2022. (coverage includes: Engine All, Transmission All, Differential All, All Seals & Gaskets for parts in previous components, All Wear & Tear parts in previous components, Towing and Trip interruption benefits, Braking system, Electrical system, AC system, Fuel and Injection systems, Steering systems)
Maintenance:
  • Regular oil changes (have recent Blackstone report)
  • new OEM battery in last year
  • just did power steering fluid service
  • Recent Carfax also available

Tons more photos i can share with interested parties. some crappy (sorry) you tube videos of recent driving, cold start, and acceleration.

Price is inline with similar listings sold on BAT - willing to negotiate with right buyer. Needs a good home as its a survivor - never abused!
Car is in Vancouver BC, Canada, but originally US car so easy import back stateside. Willing to help with whatever is required. Also willing to store over winter for buyer in fully enclosed garage w/ trickle charger and cover.

Any questions, feel free to call me Al - 604-992-081FIVE
or email: [email protected]
View attachment 955973 View attachment 955974 View attachment 955975 View attachment 955976 View attachment 955977 View attachment 955978 View attachment 955979 View attachment 955980 View attachment 955981
View attachment 955982
Beautiful car! One question - in some of the photos the leather appears to be be black 9as stated), but in several of the photos the leather looks to be gray. I like the gray, but why the difference?

Your price seems reasonable, but perhaps a tad high. In 2018 I bought my 2010 E63 M6 coupe from the original owner (garaged in SF) for $42K. Now your car has only 34,000 miles, whereas mine had 66,000, but then mine had only 5000 miles on a new BMW factory installed engine, transmission and clutch, and mine is a 6-speed, which both rarer and to my mind more fun than the SMG.

Hope you get your price!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful car! One question - in some of the photos the leather appears to be be black 9as stated), but in several of the photos the leather looks to be gray. I like the gray, but why the difference?

Your price seems reasonable, but perhaps a tad high. In 2018 I bought my 2010 E63 M6 coupe from the original owner (garaged in SF) for $42K. Now your car has only 34,000 miles, whereas mine had 66,000, but then mine had only 5000 miles on a new BMW factory installed engine, transmission and clutch, and mine is a 6-speed, which both rarer and to my mind more fun than the SMG.

Hope you get your price!
thanks David for the note and questions. The leather is black, and my guess is just lighting that makes it look gray. The lighting was very challenging on my photo day as I had overcast conditions that were interrupted with sunny breaks :) . I prefer the sunny breaks myself!

I don't think you can compare an M6 price to an M5 price, even though their both V10s. The 4 door, 5 seater M5 has always been higher priced than the M6. Obviously choice between is your lifestyle and needs for 2 or 4 doors determines your preferred model. I'm comfortable where i have this priced, however, i am willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Please let me know if you would like any further information. Thanks for looking!!

ap

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks David for the note and questions. The leather is black, and my guess is just lighting that makes it look gray. The lighting was very challenging on my photo day as I had overcast conditions that were interrupted with sunny breaks :) . I prefer the sunny breaks myself!

I don't think you can compare an M6 price to an M5 price, even though their both V10s. The 4 door, 5 seater M5 has always been higher priced than the M6. Obviously choice between is your lifestyle and needs for 2 or 4 doors determines your preferred model. I'm comfortable where i have this priced, however, i am willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Please let me know if you would like any further information. Thanks for looking!!

ap
Good point, the M5 is more functional than the M6, holding 4 adults (which would not be optimal in my M6 coupe). But I do love the road feel of the 3 pedals with the 507 bhp V10!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does add some shipping costs, unless a guy wanted to do a 3000 mile road trip! I just couldn't bear to add that kind of miles to the car on a single trip :) the price is OBO so do some math! :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I put about 2500 on mine driving it home when I bought it, quite nice get to know you period! Would definitely need to see what kind of weather you'd hit though being winter and all.

Good luck with the sale!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts