BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Replying simply because I can't get the subscription button to work. Depending on price, I'd love to do this to my GF's 2008 535xiT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone have a TCU to combox plug in play harness ? I bought a combox, and came with a plug in play harness for TCU & MULF2. My car only has a TCU, would the harness still work ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anyone have a TCU to combox plug in play harness ? I bought a combox, and came with a plug in play harness for TCU & MULF2. My car only has a TCU, would the harness still work ?
probably will, if not then it'll only need the pins swapping around.

anyone know how the coding for turn signals in the HUD is done?
simple - change the coding in the HUD...

·
Registered
707 Posts
laptop + cable + software

your profile shows 2012 which means F10, but you're replying in the E60 section so I don't know what software/cable as I don't know what your car is...
ok. i now have an e60, had f10.

i guess i was hoping for a more simpler way. i saw the carly app. not sure about that.

all i really want to do is enable the turn signals in the heads up display.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone have the PN for the CIC Controller Bezel? The wider style one. Also the wiring info for the CIC controller connector vs the CCC Controller connectors. Much appreciate (looked all over the threads for the PN, I saw it requested but couldn't find the PN... thought it was from the newer E63 but couldn't figure out the part number as it was greyed out on RealOEM parts)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone have the PN for the CIC Controller Bezel? The wider style one. Also the wiring info for the CIC controller connector vs the CCC Controller connectors. Much appreciate (looked all over the threads for the PN, I saw it requested but couldn't find the PN... thought it was from the newer E63 but couldn't figure out the part number as it was greyed out on RealOEM parts)
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NW53-USA-12-2009-E60N-BMW-550i&diagId=51_5116

same parts.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's a picture of mine the retrofit was done by the previous owner.

read 5series.net that you could use part #22 here...... from a 6 series...
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EB53-USA-07-2010-E64N-BMW-650i&diagId=51_6840

which looks exactly like the trim in my car...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BMW-3-5-6-Series-CIC-iDrive-Controller-Switch-Cover-51169169999-/191921408592

That's what I was looking at BUT #8 is a 40 cent circlip not a bezel... #7 is faded out.and not listed... but #22 is it!!! The eBay listing is it!!! Perfect, thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone can help?

Well, I found the following description from Georgieb on the 5 Series.net site. It is as posted below. Hope that will solve the problem (I'm sure it will.

View attachment 122644 [/QUOTE

I followed up the instructions and all worked well for me, the CIC, the display, & the controller, my only problem now is non of the buttons in the CIC unit is illuminated, any idea what did I miss?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I found the following description from Georgieb on the 5 Series.net site. It is as posted below. Hope that will solve the problem (I'm sure it will.

View attachment 122644

I followed up the instructions and all worked well for me, the CIC, the display, & the controller, my only problem now is non of the buttons in the CIC unit is illuminated, any idea what did I miss?
This should help: https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/205509-2008-9-cic-illumination-fix.html

Actually reminded me that I need to perform this fix as well...

-Jeffinslaw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ciao a tutti. Sono un nuovo utente dall'Italia con E60.

complimenti a tutti per le preziose informazioni che ho trovato su questo thread, purtroppo i forum in Italia non sono così dettagliati.

Volevo sapere perché non riesco a vedere le foto dei primi post del 2010 all'inizio della discussione.
e come posso risolvere questo problema.

grazie a tutti.

281 - 295 of 295 Posts