#1 ·
What do you guys think of this?
Original Rod Bearings? Lol

See less See more
#2 ·
What do you guys think of this?
Original Rod Bearings? Lol

View attachment 932911 View attachment 932911
Hahah...mate...people here want blood..want destroyed crackshafts.... Whole in blocks....
The rod bearings issue was exacerbated by people who make money fixing cars...to the date I still believed rod issues is a result of bad owners and not poor design

#5 ·
Troy posted about an e60 m with 260k on original rod bearings. It did end up spinning multiple ones if I remember correctly. I’m at 124k on what I presume to be original rod bearings and... let’s just say I’m not too confident! Haha, I want to change them as soon as possible

#7 ·
YOLO

#10 · (Edited)
I’m coming up on 200,000 in 33,000 miles and on my third duty cycle on batteries, rod bearings, injectors, suspension, bushings, and hoses.

Of all things, I am on my ORIGINAL throttle actuators!!!!

Let’s see, from what I can remember, I’ve gone through one clutch/transmission, one blown Dinan 3.91, one OEM oil cooler, one alternator/voltage regulator, one power steering pump, one HP VANOS line/oil pumps, and one fuel pump/filer. Five sets of plugs and coils.

I’ve lost count of fluid flushes: oil every 3000 to 4000 miles, diff and tranny every 15,000 because of track duty.

I think I’m easily $80,000+ in mods/maintenance/labor, plus the purchase price of the car nine years ago. With that said, I have gone way way overboard with motorsport quality replacement upgrades. OEM would’ve been cheaper, but where’s the fun in that!!!

Thankfully, I never financed the purchase, so (in theory) the maintenance costs could be amortized out over the years. The proper maintenance on a 200,000 miles s85 is not cheap. Like I’ve said before, I’d like to see the maintenance bill of a v10 from VAG or Porsche that made it to 200,000 miles. More likely, I’d like to see IF a v10 from VAG or Porsche could make it to 200,000 miles.

#11 ·
More likely, I’d like to see IF a v10 from VAG or Porsche could make it to 200,000 miles.
There was a rental huracan in las Vegas a while ago that had 150k+ miles, VAG did well on that one I guess. As for porsche v10’s, I don’t think anyone will ever drive their cgt enough for us to know haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.