BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I feel like with these list of modifications there should be a Dinan badge and plate to accompany this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
I feel like with these list of modifications there should be a Dinan badge and plate to accompany this car.

the dinan badge is optional, not everyone springs for it

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
So tempting to add another 6mt to the stable.

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Go for it Woody! You know you'll love the 5.7L stroker.

I think this car would be far more desirable without all the extraneous aftermarket stuff on it. Rip out all that sound system stuff - put it all back to stock. Take off the poorly fitting hood and revert to the stock one. Sell those "$9000" wheels and either put stock ones on it or Dinan wheels. Change rear spoiler and lower rear panel back to stock. Sell the GruppeM intakes and buy the Dinan ones. Ditch whatever a "velvet roof" is and revert to stock. Remove all the window tinting. Now sell all that stuff, and list this thing on BaT. The car will sell for a *lot* more than it would in the condition it is in now, and you reap thousands for selling all the stuff....just a thought....

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Go for it Woody! You know you'll love the 5.7L stroker.

I think this car would be far more desirable without all the extraneous aftermarket stuff on it. Rip out all that sound system stuff - put it all back to stock. Take off the poorly fitting hood and revert to the stock one. Sell those "$9000" wheels and either put stock ones on it or Dinan wheels. Change rear spoiler and lower rear panel back to stock. Sell the GruppeM intakes and buy the Dinan ones. Ditch whatever a "velvet roof" is and revert to stock. Remove all the window tinting. Now sell all that stuff, and list this thing on BaT. The car will sell for a *lot* more than it would in the condition it is in now, and you reap thousands for selling all the stuff....just a thought....

It really is tempting, but I think I need to step outside of my m5 comfort zone.

Right now, I’m cross shopping — all 6 speeds:

1. Your m2C
2. 996/997 GT3
3. 964 RS America
4. 993 C2S

As you know, I’ve been disenfranchised by ///Marketing the last couple of generations, with the exception of the m2c. I’ve got the itch for something analog. The e28 is almost finished (yeah, right), and I’m kicking myself for not picking up a 993tt a few years back.

And I agree with you on the 5.7 mods!

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
It really is tempting, but I think I need to step outside of my m5 comfort zone.

Right now, I’m cross shopping — all 6 speeds:

1. Your m2C
2. 996/997 GT3
3. 964 RS America
4. 993 C2S

As you know, I’ve been disenfranchised by ///Marketing the last couple of generations, with the exception of the m2c. I’ve got the itch for something analog. The e28 is almost finished (yeah, right), and I’m kicking myself for not picking up a 993tt a few years back.

And I agree with you on the 5.7 mods!
I would view choices 2-4 as all something not to put into daily use? I view the Porsche pricing pop as something that is catching many "out there" paying way too much for long term ownership entry...just look at how the early 911s popped hard over the space of ~9 months back in 2012, and they've been trending slowly downward ever since (Hagerty pricing guides) while the Porsche Pop invaded all the other models since then. Who knows what the future will bring though...but seeing as how the current frenzy in the market is to immediately bid up a new "desirable" to crazy heights, many future years of appreciation seem to have been brought forward in a flash...kinda like what the central banks have done with asset prices.

From driving a 996 and 997 GT3, I don't think I'd last long trying to daily drive one of those or take one on a trip. The 997 is better in that respect some. I know if I daily drove a 6GT3 I'd be wearing earplugs. :)

The M2C is a fun car. My wife loves it. We almost bought an F80 6MT ZCP, but she did not want something that large, so I'm glad we waited for the M2C to get here. The M2C 6MT is a decent bridge between analog and digital, but be sure to drive one to see what you think. If you're in Raleigh anytime, give me a shout. I wrote up some experiences with the car in this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
NoFear
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing