BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I've got my new E61 M5 Touring recently (mfg October 2007) and have just added the initial 2000 kms (photos coming soon, the weather has been so poor the last couple of weeks I just could not take decent pics). Now that I've got the oil changed I noticed something - the shift speed in S6 / DSC OFF is much-much less violent than in the previous Touring (yes, the white one that I totalled, mfg Mar 2007). Does anybody know why? I've got winter tyres on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yup...they've toned down the shift speed on S1 - 5. S6 is still wild though on mine (April 07) although the winter tyres could have a little give in them and so soften the blow to the drive train. Be interesting to see if that changes with the software update I'm getting in a couple of weeks...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congratulations on your new car and send us some pics as soon as possible!!

És vezess óvatosan!!! :M5launch: :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I drove in S6 mode for the first time yesterday... all I can say is wow... i still have a smile on my face.

pics please.... :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats with the new car and did anybody mention it yet ? PICS !!!

/M

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Congrats with the new car and did anybody mention it yet ? PICS !!!

/M
I don't mean to be offensive, but you DO realize this thread is over 3 years old, right?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't mean to be offensive, but you DO realize this thread is over 3 years old, right?
Entirely missed that fact. Not to worry.

/M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts