BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ralf Kelleners is racing A Porsche GT3 Cup at Daytona on the 28th. Would someone please do me the favor of recording this event as I cannot see it here in Germany. I will pay for the hassle of whoever will help me out. Here is the schedule on SpeedTV:​

Speed Channel TV
1/28/2006 Race Live - Part I 12:00 PM ET
1/28/2006 Race Live - Part II 8:00 PM ET
1/29/2006 Race Live - Part III 8:00 AM ET

Once I have the media, I'll convert it to Divx and post the whole thing to either Stage6 or make a torrent for us all to share.

He's running the Autometrics Motorsports #14 car.

:checkeredflag::checkeredflag:​

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ralf Kelleners is racing A Porsche GT3 Cup at Daytona on the 28th. Would someone please do me the favor of recording this event as I cannot see it here in Germany. I will pay for the hassle of whoever will help me out. Here is the schedule on SpeedTV:​

Speed Channel TV

Once I have the media, I'll convert it to Divx and post the whole thing to either Stage6 or make a torrent for us all to share.​

He's running the Autometrics Motorsports #14 car.​

I am recording it and can put it on DVD for you. Unless my DVR runs out of space that is.

Reactions: RussRamz

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Speed Channel TV

Once I have the media, I'll convert it to Divx and post the whole thing to either Stage6 or make a torrent for us all to share.​

He's running the Autometrics Motorsports #14 car.​

Hey Russ just to clarify the times above show 2006, you want the 2008 correct? The times above are not correct for this year here is the times for 2008:

Speed Channel

1/26/08 Part 1 11.30 am - 7.30 pm
1/27/08 Part 2 3.00 am - 11.00 am
there is no part 3.

Is this what you are looking for?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I must have cut the wrong schedule. I was thinking it was the 2008 schedule without looking.

Reactions: deknight

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I am recording it and can put it on DVD for you. Unless my DVR runs out of space that is.
Fricken lamo DVR ran out of room cannot do both sessions. I am opting for the last session only, sorry bro!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fricken lamo DVR ran out of room cannot do both sessions. I am opting for the last session only, sorry bro!
No problem, thanks for hooking me up!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Did the M6 ever start???......I cannot wait for the new M3 to make its way back into Grand Am....Rolex Series racing....me thinks the GT3 Cup cars are going to soil themselves..LOL
as an aside....it was P-Car...Mazda....Pontiac...with a sprinkle of Vette (2) and Mustang GT(2)...oh yeah and the token Ferrari...lol
a bit dry for my tastes....do you think Audi will re-enter the fray with the S5??
Regards
S

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Did the M6 ever start???......I cannot wait for the new M3 to make its way back into Grand Am....Rolex Series racing....me thinks the GT3 Cup cars are going to soil themselves..LOL
as an aside....it was P-Car...Mazda....Pontiac...with a sprinkle of Vette (2) and Mustang GT(2)...oh yeah and the token Ferrari...lol
a bit dry for my tastes....do you think Audi will re-enter the fray with the S5??
Regards
S
It started but didn't do too hot, it was near the back of the GT class.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The M6 had suspension/ drivetrain issues on and off... I read some article that said it was actually leading for a while. I was really worried it was engine related, but was pleased to learn our precious S62 was not the culprit. One thing impressed me however - no one could touch the M6 once it got out of the infield. Every time he exited the infield and got on it around Daytona turns 1 and 2 into the chicane, no one could touch him - he pulled everybody in the field in this section. Got to love the top end power... As for the field, I only saw 1 corvette, and there were actually 2 Ferraris (one of which didnt finish - I was pretty disappointed in them).

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Wait till the M3 is back in the hunt...I have high hopes for that car!!
I am surprised that the Ferrari's really did not do that well....even the Vettes...imagine all that Teutonic & Italian steel...bested by the Wankel Rotary engine...LOL
S

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
the M6 is still having teething problems(chassis) and is going tru a lot of fine tuning, as per driver which both me and ccm241 met. they were trying to keep it running for the 24hrs but could not. but it was leading for a little while.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
As an aside Russ...the driving club I belong to NYMC...had their logos on the Farnbacher Loles Porsche cars...LOL....our club founder was down there and said it was freaking amazing!!...
I have to get to one!
S

some pics for ya

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
the M6 is still having teething problems(chassis) and is going tru a lot of fine tuning, as per driver which both me and ccm241 met. they were trying to keep it running for the 24hrs but could not. but it was leading for a little while.

where did the M6 qualify?

·
Registered
877 Posts
As an aside Russ...the driving club I belong to NYMC...had their logos on the Farnbacher Loles Porsche cars...LOL....our club founder was down there and said it was freaking amazing!!...
I have to get to one!
S

some pics for ya
Yeah Jorge and I met the owners of that team (albeit briefly) at Alex Roy's gathering... they had had a long day, and looked to be not in the best moods (as if they knew they would finish 2nd to a Mazda in 2 days), or I would have bothered them for a job. You know any of the guys on that team???

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
They are a corporate sponser of our club and a few members have ahd their P-Cars tuned and set-up by them...Mr. Garbow is the director of marketing and is a very nice fellow...what exactly do you do??...LOL...they had a hard day...the clutch blew and they got bumped & grinded by some slower cars...they were in contention and led for a few...they dropped that tranny and had the car back in the race in 40 minutes give or take....40 minutes!!!...and it was still too late for them to regain what they had lost.
S

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
They are a corporate sponser of our club and a few members have ahd their P-Cars tuned and set-up by them...Mr. Garbow is the director of marketing and is a very nice fellow...what exactly do you do??...LOL...they had a hard day...the clutch blew and they got bumped & grinded by some slower cars...they were in contention and led for a few...they dropped that tranny and had the car back in the race in 40 minutes give or take....40 minutes!!!...and it was still too late for them to regain what they had lost.
S

I look forward to seeing BMW dish out some more punishment in the shorter sprint events this year!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I look forward to seeing BMW dish out some more punishment in the shorter sprint events this year!
Yes cant wait...now the P-Car boys cant whine about the V8 in the M3:grinyes:....I wonder if PTG will be the factory backed team for this version of M3.
S

1 - 20 of 39 Posts