BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase a 2008 M5 European delivered to my specs. Are dealers likely to negotiate? Or is MSRP the best I can hope for?

I can understand if they had an M5 on the lot, they may be more open to negotiation, but how about on a custom ordered car???

Any advice?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
With the way things are going now, I'm sure you'll be able to negotiate below MSRP.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I want to purchase a 2008 M5 European delivered to my specs. Are dealers likely to negotiate? Or is MSRP the best I can hope for?

I can understand if they had an M5 on the lot, they may be more open to negotiation, but how about on a custom ordered car???

Any advice?

Thanks...
Some people here seem to have gotten theirs for about 10% below (i.e. 98 for about 90). Not me, I got a couple of percent below MSRP. I wish I had asked the question you are asking, but the dealer will not sell it for that if they think they can get more. Being in the heart of SILLY-CON Valley, I probably got a fair deal... They tried to tell me they have not sold any M5 below MSRP... I hope it is O.K / fair / ethical to pass on this kind of info. If you search a bit for "lease payments" you would find this out...

Good luck...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Some people here seem to have gotten theirs for about 10% below (i.e. 98 for about 90). Not me, I got a couple of percent below MSRP. I wish I had asked the question you are asking, but the dealer will not sell it for that if they think they can get more. Being in the heart of SILLY-CON Valley, I probably got a fair deal... They tried to tell me they have not sold any M5 below MSRP... I hope it is O.K / fair / ethical to pass on this kind of info. If you search a bit for "lease payments" you would find this out...

Good luck...
All things are negotiable. If they have the allocation and no buyer..........bingo.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's correct, no discounts offered for M cars and European Delivery. M cars also come from the dealers allocation. You CAN do a European Delivery, however the price you negotiate is the normal dealer/buyer negotiation process. All they do is give you one of their M car allocations, and have it go through the European Delivery process.

There is no financial benefit to doing a ED on an M car at this time... you will pay whatever you would normally negotiate. The only thing you gain is the ability to drive your car around Europe before you ship it home, which given the break in process of the M5/M6, seems almost pointless to me.

-F

·
Registered
649 Posts

Any advice?

Thanks...
Absolutley you can negotiate price the discount given on Euro Del, is given by BMW AG, they pay for the trans to the US, when it arrives on US soil its up to BMW NA and it affilated dealerships to set price.......

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shop around and you will most certainly find a good deal. When I spec'ed my '08 I managed to get it at invoice. I know of several others on this board who have done the same. Take your time, be flexible with the dealership you buy from and you will no doubt find a great deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
talk to Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA. picked up my new '08 for about $9k off MSRP... tell him Lino sent you ! If he can't make it happen, no one will.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nearly 6k off MSRP here. Nice to be able to take advantage of the poor economy

·
Registered
232 Posts
picked up my new '08 for about $9k off MSRP... tell him Lino sent you
$9k off an M5 equipped in any scenario would put you BELOW invoice pricing. I haven't seen an M5 ever go below Invoice on a current model year, unless there were factory rebates at the time. Previous model years, sure, to clear inventory. Not that I doubt your pricing, but I'm wondering if maybe you're number is off a little bit.

I spoke with 22 dealers when I bought mine, and no one (Greg included) would go that low. Many came real close to Invoice, but none would go Invoice or below Invoice. Ben Majidi over at Chapman BMW on Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona had the best price. (He crushed everyone on my 335i pricing a year ago as well when demand was through the roof and cars were 2-3 months out).

-F

1 - 11 of 11 Posts