BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've decided it's time to sell the beast. Like it says in the title, it's a 2008 M5, 6 speed that's Space Gray and Black. It is completely LOADED with every option including:

Soft Close Doors
Active Seat Bolsters
Heads-Up Display
Rear Electronic Ventshade
Ventilated Seats
Etc.

You can see in my signature all of the aftermarket mods it has on it.

Unfortunately, over the last 48 hours, my computer has crashed, so I don't have pics, but I will post a link to the eBay ad that has all the pictures I have of the car. If anyone is interested, feel free to call me: 704.575.9510, email me (GraemeMKeith at g mail [dot] com) or PM me.

My asking price is very fair, in my opinion and the reserve on the auction is set far below the Buy It Now price. Thanks for looking

BMW : 5-Series - eBay (item 180593314124 end time Dec-04-10 15:32:51 PST)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I like your car but IMHO it is priced a bit high.
As a new member, on the M5 Board it is common courtesy not to post your opinion in a members FS thread. It may influence someone else's opinion and potentially affect the members sale. Take it off the board if you would like to discuss price. This is not the M3 Forum or E46 Fanatics. OP, GLWS....

·
Registered
329 Posts
As a new member, on the M5 Board it is common courtesy not to post your opinion in a members FS thread. It may influence someone else's opinion and potentially affect the members sale. Take it off the board if you would like to discuss price. This is not the M3 Forum or E46 Fanatics. OP, GLWS....
Thanks for the advice. I did not realize my opinion would adversely affect the sale. I aqpologize and if the post should be removed, that is fine with me. I will refrain for opinions on price.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I did not realize my opinion would adversely affect the sale. I aqpologize and if the post should be removed, that is fine with me. I will refrain for opinions on price.
My apologies if I came off a little strong. Thank you for understanding. It if was your car I'm sure you would appreciate it. I know I would.

Again, my apologies..... long day.

·
Registered
149 Posts
freedom of speech, unless it interferes with the terms of the m5board is what I believe.
everyone has their opinions. :15:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like your car but IMHO it is priced a bit high.
Sorry for that perspective.
Can you post service history please?
I can get a CPO 08 M5 for 1K less.
Thank you for the info, but that is based on the Buy it Now price (I believe). The reserve is at $42,500 and it has over $10k in aftermarket goodies. I think that is pretty reasonable...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thank you for the info, but that is based on the Buy it Now price (I believe). The reserve is at $42,500 and it has over $10k in aftermarket goodies. I think that is pretty reasonable...
I agree; your vehicle is very nice plus you definitely know how it's cared for and the aftermarket items are quite appealing.
Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Common courtesy not to comment on price. If course, this is my opinion.
I'm sorry but is it common courtesy not to disclose everything about the car's history when an enthusiast tries to sell his car to a fellow enthusiast?

I ask you because you seem to be acting like our policeman here.

To the OP, I wish you good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm sorry but is it common courtesy not to disclose everything about the car's history when an enthusiast tries to sell his car to a fellow enthusiast?

I ask you because you seem to be acting like our policeman here.

To the OP, I wish you good luck on the sale.
Not looking for a fight or argument, but when a member tries to sell a car, one comment can throw a thread in the wrong direction. I would think that you would like the same courtesy when selling a car, perhaps I am wrong. IMO when a post such as "your priced too high" is in a thread, it could possibly influence the sale and is not needed, especially if the person is not interested in the car. This is common courtesy on many forums.

As to disclosure, I think you know the correct answer and this is a rhetorical question.

I apologize if I offended you. Not my intent.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not looking for a fight or argument, but when a member tries to sell a car, one comment can throw a thread in the wrong direction. I would think that you would like the same courtesy when selling a car, perhaps I am wrong. IMO when a post such as "your priced too high" is in a thread, it could possibly influence the sale and is not needed, especially if the person is not interested in the car. This is common courtesy on many forums.

As to disclosure, I think you know the correct answer and this is a rhetorical question.

I apologize if I offended you. Not my intent.
The last thing I would ever want to do is to adversly affect anyone (yep friend or enemy). That's the way I am and like to be. I find it puzzling however, to see people trying to sell a car and NOT give the full history. I would go to the dealer if I would decide to sell a newer car, print off the full service history and scan it with info on the sale. I would price the car to sell rather than fish for an uninformed buyer. Nothing to hide & value to prove. I also do perform DIY on cars past warranty and change fluids within warranty at increased frequency (compared to BMW warranty coverages) on my own (way I enjoy cars). I understand DIY history is held in question. Regardless, I would demonstrate value of my car I'm selling. I see this no different than being prepared for a job interview: prove the value you are offering!

I will not comment on prices in any forum again, but such comments worded correctly can help the seller and the potential buyers (IMHO).

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The last thing I would ever want to do is to adversly affect anyone (yep friend or enemy). That's the way I am and like to be. I find it puzzling however, to see people trying to sell a car and NOT give the full history. I would go to the dealer if I would decide to sell a newer car, print off the full service history and scan it with info on the sale. I would price the car to sell rather than fish for an uninformed buyer. Nothing to hide & value to prove. I also do perform DIY on cars past warranty and change fluids within warranty at increased frequency (compared to BMW warranty coverages) on my own (way I enjoy cars). I understand DIY history is held in question. Regardless, I would demonstrate value of my car I'm selling. I see this no different than being prepared for a job interview: prove the value you are offering!

I will not comment on prices in any forum again, but such comments worded correctly can help the seller and the potential buyers (IMHO).
The reason I have not answered your question regarding the "accident" is because you don't seem to actually be interested in buying my car. You jumped on here saying "your car is priced too high, but goodluck" or something of the like. I have no reason to answer any of your questions. You seem to me to be no more than someone who just wants to know what happened to my car just to know what happened to my car. I've had multiple PM's from people who are actually interested in my car and have responded with a thorough explanation on the history of the car.

I am not hiding anything, nor am I "fishing for an uninformed buyer." I am simply not wasting my time with someone who's probably not interested in buying my car. Thank you

As for anyone who's interested in the car, feel free to PM me and I will give you my telephone number and we can talk.

Reactions: russap5 and Dntlvet

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's a very fair price. I bought my 2001 M5 from this place in PA. Their prices have always been reasonable.

2008 Used BMW M5 6 SPEED MANUAL at eimports4less Serving PERKASIE, PA, IID 6327932

I wish your car was available in late spring. I have a 2005 S4 Cabriolet I'll be selling to get an M5 back again. Good luck with the sale!!

Reactions: G ///McGregor K

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a very fair price. I bought my 2001 M5 from this place in PA. Their prices have always been reasonable.

2008 Used BMW M5 6 SPEED MANUAL at eimports4less Serving PERKASIE, PA, IID 6327932

I wish your car was available in late spring. I have a 2005 S4 Cabriolet I'll be selling to get an M5 back again. Good luck with the sale!!
Thank you for the comment! That car is priced at $52,700 with about 25k miles and I'd like to get $45k for mine and I have over $10k in aftermarket additions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts