BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a 2008+ M5 with 6MT transmission, so I am searching the typical for sale sites.

What is a good price for a 2008 6MT with under 50k miles from a private party? I would like to find one with most of the factory options and open to color, but white is ideal. What price would be considered a steal? Are there any significant reasons to look for a 2009 other than the updated IDrive controller?

Does anyone know the percentage of 2008+ M5 produced with 6MT transmissions?

Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am considering purchasing a 2008+ M5 with 6MT transmission, so I am searching the typical for sale sites.

What is a good price for a 2008 6MT with under 50k miles from a private party? I would like to find one with most of the factory options and open to color, but white is ideal. What price would be considered a steal? Are there any significant reasons to look for a 2009 other than the updated IDrive controller?

Does anyone know the percentage of 2008+ M5 produced with 6MT transmissions?

Thanks
I recently went through a rather extensive valuation exercise for an insurance settlement on my 2008 6MT with 43,000miles. pm me an email address if you want the spreedsheet

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just brought on 2 weeks ago, 08, 6spd, CPO, blk staph, black inter, HUD, Sirius, pass through rear seat, active seats, alumn trim, 40k on speedometer, they asked 44500, all said and done got it for 41500. 6spd hard to find and with low miles

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased an 08, 6sp last week for $42k plus shipping with 23k miles. It took a while to find one with low miles. If you find one on Ebay, make a reasonable offer. Sometimes the seller will contact you and offer you a buy it now price to end the auction. Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 1 w/46k miles black sapphire & black interior & fully optioned. Im about to trade it in for a chayenne turbo. PM me your # & lets talk.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ebay

I am searching right now as well, and there seems to be a lot of black ones, and not much else which that link above explains. I am willing to go with an 2007 right now.... there are 2 in texas for sale 39999, a white one in LA for 38k, and I even found one in houston on ebay for 31k, but by the time I called it was sold! most of these are 2007 cars though... To get a clean 2007 I am guessing I will spend between 35-36k and for an 2008 around 40k with less then 50k miles.... thats out the door pricing, asking might be a little more.

·
Registered
574 Posts
When I was buying mine, I looked for all types locally and only BMW dealers out of the area. I did not want any risks in getting one so far away. Not many for sale in the NE. If your a good negotiator you can get a good price on one at a BMW Dealer. I mostly considered CPO. Last year for 2008's with CPO they were low $40k with about 40000 miles. My first one I got from FL and the second I got from OH, fun road trips home. Private party excellent condition M5s usually ask a premium, cause people are too attached to the car too much emotion...

Find one that was traded in at a dealer, they raped the person on trade in and you can get a good deal if you negotiate well. Unbelievable how the majority are black. If you are really stuck on one color choice other than black you might be waiting a long time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I was buying mine, I looked for all types locally and only BMW dealers out of the area. I did not want any risks in getting one so far away. Not many for sale in the NE. If your a good negotiator you can get a good price on one at a BMW Dealer. I mostly considered CPO. Last year for 2008's with CPO they were low $40k with about 40000 miles. My first one I got from FL and the second I got from OH, fun road trips home. Private party excellent condition M5s usually ask a premium, cause people are too attached to the car too much emotion...

Find one that was traded in at a dealer, they raped the person on trade in and you can get a good deal if you negotiate well. Unbelievable how the majority are black. If you are really stuck on one color choice other than black you might be waiting a long time.
Dancan23, Just saw your post, and that you listed MA/RI. I am in Middletown, RI, and just picked up an '08 6spd, Monaco blue with Portland Brown. Curious as to where you are located!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pat - did you trade yours in yet? i would possibly be interested. would have to ship since i am in NJ. just started my search for a 2008 Needs to be a special car that has been well cared for. let me know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got my 2008 a month ago from a Porsche dealer. Only 20K miles, lots of Dinan mods-exhaust, suspension, wheels and new tires all for 48K delivered to me. I looked on AutoTrader to find it. I think you can find them anywhere from low 40's to low 50's.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Dancan23, Just saw your post, and that you listed MA/RI. I am in Middletown, RI, and just picked up an '08 6spd, Monaco blue with Portland Brown. Curious as to where you are located!
Hey,

I work in Smithfield RI and live in the area. Congrats on the none black M5 6SP! I really wanted a different color but since 50% of them are black it was tough find and I settled on color.

We should meet up sometime.

Thanks

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts