BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New owner here. Just getting to know my beast and it appears that the angel eyes and daytime running lights are the same bulb. They just get just get brighter in daytime running mode. Is this correct?

I came from a 05 645 and upgraded my angle eyes to an led system. What is the recommendation for increased & whiter light output with an 08? I searched the board and saw some discussion that the led lights available for an 08 are whiter but may not be brighter than going with an ultrawhite bulb. Any thoughts on which way to go?

Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
933 Posts
there is no solid solution. there is some stuff in the works, but unfortunatley for us 08+ owners. Were kind of screwed for now...everything either gives errors or is not bright enough

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, so an LEDs solution is not available. What is the consensus on the best H8 bulb to get the angle eues whiter.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bright-er but not by much. I had an 07 335i and the halos were the daytime running lamps, now THAT was cool.... wonder why the M6 would be different....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have an 07 and am disappointed in the halos also. I ordered an inexpensive bulb ($50) off of eBay and it's not much brighter. Stay away from that one. You alwasy get what you pay for !! :) Disappointed again. Perhaps this website could help... BMW ANGEL EYES: BMW Angel Eyes E92 E93 E90 E91 M3 Lighting Racing Dash Mtec H8 9006 H11 Gp Thunder Led Parts D1S D2S D3S D4S Good Luck, Jon :)
My understanding is that there are significant differences between the 07 and 08. I believe the 06-07 are a dimmer halo and can use an LED bulb; the 08 or later has daytime running lights which are significantly brighter but does not have a satisfactory LED solution that doesnt throw errors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts