BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellow BMW enthusiast. Im new here and this is my first post so bare with me. I won't name the dealership. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and would like opinions. Heres the deal I've been in the market for an e93 or e92 m3 for a while and finally stumbled upon a 2008 e93 m3 that i like unfortunately it is at a non BMW dealership. I called up the dealer to get more info on the car and they tell me a PPI was done couple months by the local BMW dealer ago by someone that was going to purchase it but decided to buy something else. According to them the PPI was perfect except that the front under tray is damaged which was probably caused by the previous owner pulling into a dip too quickly. The problem is that they refuse to fix it and just want to sell it to me as is. I spoke with a BMW SA and he said the entire front bumper cover would have to be replaced which would be around $1k to $2k then I spoke to an indy shop around the area and they quoted me $700. I let the dealer know how much it would be to repair and they don't seem to care, mind you its not a non BMW dealer but they are pretty big.They won't budge on price either knowing that the car needs a repair. Ive purchased BMW's from many BMW dealers and non BMW dealers and if the car had an issue they never had a problem with going out their way to fix it on their dime. Should I just tell them to shove it?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes! unless your comfortable with covering repairs. Ive seen a few dealers who will wait for a buyer and not work of price they say M car will sell so why negotiate. Depending on where you live they become available kinda regularly, so if you have patience wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much were they trying to sell it to you for There are many deals out there on e92 M3 right now so like said above I would say pass on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Come on! If you can't see the damage, don't worry about it.
How could an SA give a valid estimate for repairing damage he hasn't seen?
If the bumper really needs replacing, that's expensive, mostly because of the painting. But some plastic on the bottom of the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts