BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just picked up an 08 Silverstone Vert M6 with 31,9xx miles a week ago. First thing I noticed is clunky shifting similar to my 06 M3 SMG. Did some browsing on forums and found Mike Benvo and his company BPM Sport.com. I purchased the Performance package which is the Tune & SMG.

I received tuning cables from mike within a few days, made an appointment with him same day, plugged in my laptop into my car with the tuning cable and Mike walked me through downloading and running his software. The whole thing took about 30 minutes, went very smoothly and the car now runs like a champ. This is my daily driver and I have the tune for a couple of days and no errors or any issues. The car shifts smoothly, no more clunky shifts and its more responsive and aggressive. I would highly recommend getting this done if you still are running the stock software.

Please take into account that my car has low mileage on it and its stock and in very good condition. Here is the link to the package i purchased.

BPM E6X M5/M6 Performance Package

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some people are telling me to go with RPI or Evolve tune...

any feedback guys?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would go with RPI.
That's what I am planning to do, RPI intake, RPI pulley, RPI exhaust, and RPI Oil Cooler. After that the RPI tune...

Gotta save up though... that is like 5k already...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey All,

I just picked up an 08 Silverstone Vert M6 with 31,9xx miles a week ago. First thing I noticed is clunky shifting similar to my 06 M3 SMG. Did some browsing on forums and found Mike Benvo and his company BPM Sport.com. I purchased the Performance package which is the Tune & SMG.

I received tuning cables from mike within a few days, made an appointment with him same day, plugged in my laptop into my car with the tuning cable and Mike walked me through downloading and running his software. The whole thing took about 30 minutes, went very smoothly and the car now runs like a champ. This is my daily driver and I have the tune for a couple of days and no errors or any issues. The car shifts smoothly, no more clunky shifts and its more responsive and aggressive. I would highly recommend getting this done if you still are running the stock software.

Please take into account that my car has low mileage on it and its stock and in very good condition. Here is the link to the package i purchased.

BPM E6X M5/M6 Performance Package
Glad to hear you're happy with the software! Your navigation system retrofit shipped out today and you should get it soon.

For those looking for information on our tuning software, please see http://www.bpmsport.com/M5Tune.pdf and http://www.bpmsport.com/M5Dyno.pdf

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So guys just an update I put about 2k miles on the car since my software & cic upgrades. Everything is fine no issues yet. I also purchased a CIC upgrade kit from BPM which went in flawlessly and works great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts