BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3:30 PM PST. Dealer dude played like he had no idea the car was salvage, wants it but can't pay that much, blah blah....and I just asked him not to come by. So, my current backup offer is $16,500. There are two very interested parties in backup position. I have been texting or conversing on the phone with them thru the week. If interested, you should really email me your number so we can converse quickly. A serious offer of $18k, made over the phone after I talk to you and vet you a bit, between now and 6pm PST, on 9/12 (today) stops the process and buys the car.

If you have been reading this and waiting till the last minute, you must email me [email protected] with an offer that includes how you plan to pay, and your phone number. Cash or certified bank check only, or a direct deposit into Wells Fargo. ONLY. No trades, No crypto. No exceptions. If you email me with an offer that has no payment info, I will ignore it.

The best offer ABOVE $16,500 takes it AFTER I review all the offers on September 12, at 6pm PST. Or you can buy it now for $18,000 right now, and I will ignore all the lower offers and stop the ads and stop collecting offers. This car— if you can smog it in your state— is a screaming steal even at $18k!!

This is kinda like The Price is Right. Or, frankly, the way we buy houses these days. You need to go higher than $16.5k. AFTER I review all the offers between now, and end of next weekend on September the 12th at 6pm PST.

2008 BMW M6, Full Leather, 650hp ESS Supercharger. SMG 7-speed paddle shift transmission.

what is it like to drive a Supercharged V10 M6 with 650hp? Glad you asked:

NOT CALIFORNIA BAR SMOG LEGAL! If bought in California, would be for "off-road use only". But…the car comes with all the non-supercharger parts that were original, in case someone wants to convert it back.

Most people say the car comes with “no stories” This car as a story, but it might be worth your while:
Back in 2015. This car was showered with gravel from a construction truck in front of me. It hit a bump and a bunch of gravel hit the pavement and bounced up. Got the fascia, the hood, the windshield, and the carbon roof. All that happened was: rock chips some small PDR dents—no big dents. I have pictures and videos. But, the high-end body shop I took it to, was going by BMW’s factory recommendation that a carbon roof not be re-clear-coated. It had to be replaced, according to them. Along with the windshield, and the paint, it totaled the car in the insurance company’s eyes. I said: “Hell no” and took the check, painted the carbon roof the stock Interlagos blue and bought a supercharger. I mean, other than that, they were going to auction it off as being “salvage” because of some rock chips and a broken windshield?

Now, it is not CA. BAR Smog legal. Cannot be smogged in California, but, maybe somewhere else. It does come with all the parts that were removed, to make it into a 650hp supercharged monster. Warning, it is quick and has long legs and is fast, but roasts tires 1, 2 and 3rd gear. It cannot drag launch without spinning tires like mad. Needs drag radials. Right now it has Nitto NT05s. It is more of a track car. So if you are buying it to try to roast GTRs in a drag race on YouTube, this is NOT the car for you. It is a powerful grand-tourer that revs to 8400 RPM with a 650hp V10.

It is a salvage vehicle. Most 2008s with more than 100k miles re asking in the $18k-20k range. The car has 134k miles. Supercharger was installed at around 110k with new rod bearings installed, as well.

Both throttle body actuators have been replaced with entire NEW OEM units, Not rebuilt, and not plastic replacement gears, (which failed twice on me, btw--the aftermarket stuff is frankly, crap). This, alone is worth a ton of money.

BTW: look carefully at my picture of the speedometer. See that leather stitching below it? If the M6 you are looking at has a smooth bezel around the speedo, instead of stitching, it has a plastic dash, NOT full leather. (Gross!!)

Title in hand. Still registered. Looking for cash or bank check only. Can deal with remote buyers and welcome your mobile inspectors. Although, I will have some very revealing pictures up, very soon, so show condition, which will help. It does have some scratches and a couple minor dents in the hood. All will be revealed, soon.

Wheels were bought in early 2019. Flow-formed. pretty light. 305s in the back.
19X10.5" ET22 APEX ARC-8 WHEEL
SKU: ARC819105ET22HS
FinishHyper Silver
19X9.5" ET22 APEX ARC-8 WHEEL
SKU: ARC81995ET22HS
FinishHyper Silver

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
75 Posts
This has to be a record sale, 650 horsepower for 12,000$. Don’t see that everyday. I will be keeping this vehicle in mind, good luck with the sale. Where are you located?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Gilroy, the bottom of the horn for Silicon Valley, California.

(well, I hope someone offers at least $12,001...)

yeah, salvage title, and honestly, some paint issues that I will document better tomorrow, make it so... Plus, the un-fricking smog-ability in many states, of such a Hooptie, in this modern age.

So, you..."Keeping up" (armchair referee) , or actually offering on the car, yourself, you think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, you..."Keeping up" (armchair referee) , or actually offering on the car, yourself, you think?
Honestly, it's good for you as the seller to have people 'keeping up' with positive posts because they are bumping your thread and keeping visibility high.
I'd throw my hat into the offer ring if it wasn't for being in Silicon Valley/Malibu I too have CA smog BS to worry about.
The ESS is a top notch kit and I hope you get some good legit offers on this!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree on the bump and so soon after posting. Thanks!! Someone pinged me and asked about the OEM TB actuators, which I completely forgot about. They are brand new, have barely a few hundred miles on them.

Reactions: Highlandair

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
570 Posts
Interesting wheels you have there. I was looking at a car in New York before I bought mine 2009, it has the same color, same wheels. don't recall if interior was same. definitely not same motor!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice, long walk around video. Trying to treat remote buyers to what is good about the car, and being honest about what needs improvement.

a bunch of good pictures:

some pictures of flaws, but I think the walk around video is MUCH better at seeing the flaws and where they are:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, long walk around video. Trying to treat remote buyers to what is good about the car, and being honest about what needs improvement.

a bunch of good pictures:

some pictures of flaws, but I think the walk around video is MUCH better at seeing the flaws and where they are:

adding video of and some of my observations of the M6 stock exhaust and what I did to the stock exhaust to optimize it without making it too loud.

and a sound check of it's current state. It is nowhere near this loud at low speeds. Does not have a ton of bass and has zero drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2008 BMW M6, Full Leather, 650hp ESS Supercharger. SMG 7-speed paddle shift transmission.

what is it like to drive a Supercharged V10 M6 with 650hp? Glad you asked:

First off, my pictures are not great and I will take care of that today. will also try to make a better drive video. the car is more exciting than the current video shows.

Some people seem confused, so I am posting the instructions in the top of the ad, for how I will sell it:

You must email me with an offer that includes how you plan to pay. Cash or certified bank check only, or a direct deposit into Wells Fargo. ONLY. No trades, No crypto. No exceptions. If you email me with an offer that has no payment info, I will ignore it.

The best offer ABOVE $12,000 takes it AFTER I review all the offers on September 12, at 6pm PST—not today, but on 9/12. Or you can buy it now for $18,000 right now, and I will ignore all the lower offers and stop the ads and stop collecting offers. I am not selling the car for a price lower than $18k today, but if you offer less, then you have to wait for 9/12. Meantime, you can think about whether you offered enough. This car— if you can smog it in your state— is a screaming steal even at $18k!!

I am not selling the car for $12,000 at all. But I will sell it for $12,001. This is kinda like The Price is Right. Or, frankly, the way we buy houses these days. You need to go higher than $12k. AFTER I review all the offers between now, and end of next weekend on September the 12th at 6pm PST. So, come see the car, or if you are remote, have it inspected, I am retired and you or an inspector can come any day of the week. Then, once you are sure, email me with your highest and best offer. You can always change it along the way, if you want. Email me to ask what the current high offer is and I will tell you. I will not lie, because if I piss you off, and say “$17k is my highest offer” and I am lying, then I would not get your offer of say $15k, for instance, either. That would be stupid for me to do. Again, If you have to have this car now, and RIGHT now, then, the Buy it Now price is $18k. If I get literally, no offers above $12k by the 12th? I regroup and figure out what is next.

NOT CALIFORNIA BAR SMOG LEGAL! If bought in California, would be for "off-road use only". But…the car comes with all the non-supercharger parts that were original, in case someone wants to convert it back.

Most people say the car comes with “no stories” This car as a story, but it might be worth your while:
Back in 2015. This car was showered with gravel from a construction truck in front of me. It hit a bump and a bunch of gravel hit the pavement and bounced up. Got the fascia, the hood, the windshield, and the carbon roof. All that happened was: rock chips some small PDR dents—no big dents. I have pictures and videos. But, the high-end body shop I took it to, was going by BMW’s factory recommendation that a carbon roof not be re-clear-coated. It had to be replaced, according to them. Along with the windshield, and the paint, it totaled the car in the insurance company’s eyes. I said: “Hell no” and took the check, painted the carbon roof the stock Interlagos blue and bought a supercharger. I mean, other than that, they were going to auction it off as being “salvage” because of some rock chips and a broken windshield?

Now, it is not CA. BAR Smog legal. Cannot be smogged in California, but, maybe somewhere else. It does come with all the parts that were removed, to make it into a 650hp supercharged monster. Warning, it is quick and has long legs and is fast, but roasts tires 1, 2 and 3rd gear. It cannot drag launch without spinning tires like mad. Needs drag radials. Right now it has Nitto NT05s. It is more of a track car. So if you are buying it to try to roast GTRs in a drag race on YouTube, this is NOT the car for you. It is a powerful grand-tourer that revs to 8400 RPM with a 650hp V10.

It is a salvage vehicle. Most 2008s with more than 100k miles re asking in the $18k-20k range. The car has 134k miles. Supercharger was installed at around 110k with new rod bearings installed, as well.

Both throttle body actuators have been replaced with entire NEW OEM units, Not rebuilt, and not plastic replacement gears, (which failed twice on me, btw--the aftermarket stuff is frankly, crap). This, alone is worth a ton of money.

BTW: look carefully at my picture of the speedometer. See that leather stitching below it? If the M6 you are looking at has a smooth bezel around the speedo, instead of stitching, it has a plastic dash, NOT full leather. (Gross!!)

Title in hand. Still registered. Looking for cash or bank check only. Can deal with remote buyers and welcome your mobile inspectors. Although, I will have some very revealing pictures up, very soon, so show condition, which will help. It does have some scratches and a couple minor dents in the hood. All will be revealed, soon.

Wheels were bought in early 2019. Flow-formed. pretty light. 305s in the back.
19X10.5" ET22 APEX ARC-8 WHEEL
SKU: ARC819105ET22HS
FinishHyper Silver
19X9.5" ET22 APEX ARC-8 WHEEL
SKU: ARC81995ET22HS
FinishHyper Silver

View attachment 953987 View attachment 953988
View attachment 953989
View attachment 953990
View attachment 953991
View attachment 953992
View attachment 953993
View attachment 953994
Hey Bud,
I'm not seeing your email. Could you please share or direct me to where it so that i may follow your ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Bud,
I'm not seeing your email. Could you please share or direct me to where it so that i may follow your ask.

Thanks
I think what I’ll do is post to the forum. Right now we’re at 14,000 bucks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If anyone does wanna connect with me, cause there’s a good chance I’m not gonna post much on this forum anymore, it is: [email protected]. I bought an M760I for my “fast” car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we are at $15,000 US now.

Reactions: eddiejb

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow - I'm amazed that this hasn't gone like lightening to someone who wants a track car! I have a stock 2010 E63 M6-speed coupe taht I bought as the 2nd owner in 2018 at $42K (albeit with only 6K on new factory installed engine, transmission and clutch, and smogged in CA). While mine is rarer than a stock E63 SMG, your 650 bhp beast is likely even more rare, and gorgeous in Interlago Blue (mine is Stratus Gray). I don't know that anyone could get a better track car for $15K........

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heh! Thanks for the bump. Frankly I wonder the same thing. I do have solid interest at 15,000 bucks.

I have one person trying to see if they can pressure me into selling it for $16,000 today and take it off the market and I’m just not gonna do it. I said I would wait till Sunday and I will. If they want to give me a $16,000 offer and bite their nails until Sunday. They’re welcome to do so. I think they are seeing what everyone else is seeing, that since this car is been on the market for five days it has gone up about $1000 every 1.5 days…

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heh! Thanks for the bump. Frankly I wonder the same thing. I do have solid interest at 15,000 bucks.

I have one person trying to see if they can pressure me into selling it for $16,000 today and take it off the market and I’m just not gonna do it. I said I would wait till Sunday and I will. If they want to give me a $16,000 offer and bite their nails until Sunday. They’re welcome to do so. I think they are seeing what everyone else is seeing, that since this car is been on the market for five days it has gone up about $1000 every 1.5 days…
Hope you get your $18K!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, David, I have not been active on The M5/M6 board for years, but I appreciate everyone's support. You folks are what keeps me going in this 10-day process. I really hope it goes to a forum member.

cross- post, but check out my other car for sale, and watch the very tail end of the walk around video, to hear the modified exhaust on that V12.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a pending offer for full Buy It Now price of $18k.The buyer is actually local (I think he owns a shop) and he already has an E63 M6, a 2010. (buying it for parts????). Anyway, tomorrow at 3pm PST or so, he comes by to see what I have. Anything can happen...I still have a great back-up offer from a forum member at $15k.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts