BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please don't flame me for offering a car with a title issue for sale here. This is a stand up, proper M5 with the latest dealer service and inspection performed. I own a few collectible sports cars and this car is just an occasional weekend driver. It is in pristine condition throughout, and could use a home where it is driven a bit more. Price is negotiable, and I am starting quite a bit below retail for the same car with a perfect title. So you could buy a 60,000 mi car with a number of question, or a as new 17,000mi car with 5,000mi on the engine for the same price. Your choice.

2008 BMW M5 Indianapolis Red Black Leather SMG Transmission Price: $33,900
Absolute mint condition, many extras included. Origional wheels, tires, and mufflers included.
Upgrades are:
-20' wheels and Hancook Ventus V12 tires (under 5,000mi)
-Eibach prokit lowering springs. Tasteful lowering greatly improves appearance and handling
-RPI section 3 stainless steel exhaust. Gives it a proper V-10 sound without being too loud, and no obnoxious drone. Also saves lots of weight over stock mufflers
-Hartge style front lip spoiler and rear diffuser that really frames the beautiful RPI exhaust tips
-Clear bra on hood, mirrors, and rocker panels
-Mild Window Tint
The asking price reflects the fact that in 2010 at the 12,000mi mark the car received a new engine. The original engine failed and was replaced with a brand new factory supplied and warrantied BMW V-10 engine. No wrecker used engine here. I have the receipts from BMW for the engine. I am the second owner and bought the car right after the engine was replaced, and I meticulously performed the 1,200mi break-in procedure and immediately changed the oil with the recommended Castrol 10W-60. I have put 5,000mi on the car and changed the oil each year, and the latest BMW service was just done at International BMW in Milwaukee, WI. So the engine replacement gives the car a rebuilt or salvage title in WI. That's the bad news, another way to look at it is the car has a flawlessly performing 5,000mi engine. The car is garage kept, babied, and has been driven in the rain only 3 times since 2010. Anyone who looks at the car wont be disappointed, as the condition is amazing.
Equipment:
-SMG 7 seed sequential manual transmission
-Traction Control
-Stability Control
-ABS (4 wheel)
-Keyless Entry
-AC
-Power Windows
-Power Door Locks
-IDrive
-Head Up Display
-AM FM Stereo
-IPod Connection
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Parking Sensor
-Dual Airbags
-F+R Head Curtain Airbags
-Dual Power Seats
-Adaptive Headlights
Email: [email protected]
Cell: 414-394-7170

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
Engine replacement wouldn't give it a Branded title.

I have sold a Lemon buy back 06 m5 and it was still a clean title.

Something else happened to this car for it to be salvage then rebuilt title.

There is nothing wrong with that because I own three m5/m6 that are either total loss clean title or rebuilt title and I feel 100% confident in them. I am just saying there is something else with this one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
729 Posts
Agree with Troy- No issues with the fact that it's branded/rebuilt title....but the reason it has one is definitely not because the motor went bad. Post up a vin number.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car was owned by a Dr in Chicago. In 2010 he was coming out of the hospital down a steep incline during a thunderstorm.
The nose of the car dipped into some water and sucked it into the engine, and bam, engine hydrolocked, shot. The car did not
sit under water and damage anything else. I have owned the car since for 4 of it's 6 years and there is absolutely nothing
wrong with it. No electronics were damaged and it still smells new inside from it's garaged pampered life.

My Wis title says: rebuilt salvage, flood damaged.

So thats the story. I am 100% confident in the flawless condition of this car. It just passed a full dealer inspection when I had the
latest dealer service done on 5-4-14.

I am reducing the price to $31,900

Thanks for looking, Jim

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ah, so there you have it. The car is a flood car and the motor was replaced due to that. 'Nuff said, good luck with the sale.

Nick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Water has to go past the rockers to become a flood. FYI. I see these all the time at insurance auctions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If insurance had to pay out for a new engine from water damage, I'm sure it would effect the title. Different story if BMW paid for a new motor because of a failure.

GLWS. I would have the car inspected, but aside from that, this is a potential smoking deal for someone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damn, I just checked with USAA. Can't get a warranty (declared a loss from previous insurance company). But, for the right person this could be a smoking good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts