BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have 2008 M5

My HUD for some reason only stays in the M Mode. I would like it to work like my friends M5 which shows Navigation arrows. Can Someone Help? I read entire manual back and forth 260 pages, Nothing in there.
My Navigation is checked but shaded, what does that mean? And I was not in the M-Mode going 23 mph :)
Electronics Car Luxury vehicle Vehicle Technology

Lane Road Asphalt Mode of transport Vehicle

·
Registered
918 Posts
1. Have you unchecked the M view checkbox? (I am pretty sure you have).
2. If you have, then are you looking to get nav during M drive mode? If so, you need to go into the MDrive options and set it up over there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Have you unchecked the M view checkbox? (I am pretty sure you have).
2. If you have, then are you looking to get nav during M drive mode? If so, you need to go into the MDrive options and set it up over there.

Hi, yes i have tried unchecking the box for M-mode, then it only displayed numerical speed.
I went into all the nav view settings and it only displays views in the nav nothing for HUD.
Any tips or pointers on how to do it in the m drive.:rolleyes:

I also turned on the navigation.

·
Registered
918 Posts
If your main center console is showing navigation properly and you have navigation selected in both the menus then something might need to be fixed.

Reactions: axvel

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
uncheck m-mode in the idrive...and don't press the "m button" that just takes it back to m mode...then when you only see the speed and gear in the HUD you are good. then go to the nav and select your destination and active the nav...then it all should work

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your main center console is showing navigation properly and you have navigation selected in both the menus then something might need to be fixed.

Thank you both it did work. Still getting used to the car, got it 1 week ago.:lightbulb::)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
353 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts