BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have a 5.7L DINAN stroker long block based off a 2008 S85 engine for sale within the next few weeks. The block is being freshly machined with cast-iron sleeves from Advanced Sleeve (the way the motor should have came from DINAN originally). I do not need this motor for myself, because we have our own Stroker program that nets a 5.9L S85 ~ so this one is for sale.:2:

Motor includes the following:

~DINAN 5.7L rotating assembly
~DINAN high-flow throttle bodies

0-Mile 2008 block fully sleeved (cost is $3,250 for this alone)
0-Mile 702/703 OEM rod bearings & crank bearings
0-Mile Vanos line
0-Mile ARP rod bolts
0-Mile 2010 Vanos pump
0-Mile Vanos solenoids
Extended port & polish heads

I am asking $20,000 including a core motor in exchange ~ which I feel is more than reasonable considering this is a brand new motor. I will warranty the motor for 2-years or 30k miles, which is our standard engine warranty. Feel free to call my cell if interested @ 616-304-3678

PS: As a background, the motor failed because the end gap for the piston rings were incorrect by Dinan & 8 of 10 intermediate piston rings failed ~ causing extreme blow by. There was never any metal in the motor.

Best,

Troy Jeup

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Seems like a great deal. Interested in two things. First, more about the incorrect ring gapping done by Dinan. Second, what does your shop do with S62s? (Sorry for the partial thread jack!)

--Peter

·
Registered
663 Posts
Does anyone have this 5.9L stroker? Any pics, seriously sounds like a monster and we need to see it!

·
Registered
437 Posts
sorry for offtop
Troy i've pm'ed you about door panels. Couls you reply or give me your email plz

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for offtop
Troy i've pm'ed you about door panels. Couls you reply or give me your email plz

The door trim or door panels? I don't know if I received your message on this account, possibly did you message my personal account? Feel free to call or text if you have questions @ 616.304.3678

Best,

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have this 5.9L stroker? Any pics, seriously sounds like a monster and we need to see it!

I have four of them. I am currently in the testing phase. I do not want to sell anything without adequate testing and I want to hit a certain power figure before we offer them for sale. It has been a long six or seven month process, but I am very close.

The same company doing my stroker builds, is the same one that did my LS7 stroker, which is a 8.2L. That one is the most powferful N/A LS7 stroker in the world @ 944bhp on pump gas.

I am not finalizing the project until we are at 750bhp. We are very very close to this figure on an engine dyno. :-D

·
Registered
437 Posts
The door trim or door panels? I don't know if I received your message on this account, possibly did you message my personal account? Feel free to call or text if you have questions @ 616.304.3678

Best,

door panels
could you contact me via email? [email protected] or give me your email

·
Registered
395 Posts
o_O

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. Call or text me if you are interested. I am debating installing it in my own car because not many people have the money for it....lol

Kind of the reason I have not advertised my own motors is because of the cost.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like a great opportunity, paying $20k for a motor and giving up mine is not an option; nor paying a core charge for keeping my own motor. I'd want the peace of mind of having that motor to fall back on if something does go wrong. This is what usually keeps me from making purchases like this, too much risk to the owner. A two year warranty comes up too fast. Is there a mileage expectation for these motors? I typically only drive my garage queen 3,000 miles a year and I don't push her too hard too often.

Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Power updates? :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am asking $20k for it with a core exchange.

Here is a breakdown on costs into it and I feel it is worth the cost:

*Full block sleeving with cast-iron sleeves from advanced sleeves= $3000
*New bearings main & rod (wpc treated)= $1600
*New vanos pump from dealer, (09 build)= $2069
*Ported/polished head to match ported dinan TB's= $1500
*Vanos solenoids, plugs, thermostat, water pump= $1000
*New Mahle rings= $1000
*New Carrillo rod bolts= $600
*Polishing & rebalancing crank with assembled and blueprint of motor= $2500
*2010 piston jets= $200

All-in I have way too much money into this. That is why I was planning in just keeping it. It is essentially a brand new motor that was built.

I have almost $14,000 into building this motor into something that I would consider a now bulletproof motor with 0-miles.

Our standard core charge is $2k. This motor has the $4k upgrade of dinan ported throttle bodies as well. It is a steal in my book

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am asking $20k for it with a core exchange.

Here is a breakdown on costs into it and I feel it is worth the cost:

*Full block sleeving with cast-iron sleeves from advanced sleeves= $3000
*New bearings main & rod (wpc treated)= $1600
*New vanos pump from dealer, (09 build)= $2069
*Ported/polished head to match ported dinan TB's= $1500
*Vanos solenoids, plugs, thermostat, water pump= $1000
*New Mahle rings= $1000
*New Carrillo rod bolts= $600
*Polishing & rebalancing crank with assembled and blueprint of motor= $2500
*2010 piston jets= $200

All-in I have way too much money into this. That is why I was planning in just keeping it. It is essentially a brand new motor that was built.

I have almost $14,000 into building this motor into something that I would consider a now bulletproof motor with 0-miles.

Our standard core charge is $2k. This motor has the $4k upgrade of dinan ported throttle bodies as well. It is a steal in my book

Thanks Troy. I am not questioning the cost, materials or the build, just like to have a back up. How many ponies to the RW do you estimate? I have had this car for a little over a month now and money just doesn't seem to stay in my pocket with this car.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should put out 700bhp or a little north of that with an aggressive tune and de-car headers. The ported heads gain about 30bhp on a stock motor and 50bhp on a stroker or bored out motor.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think you sold me the wrong motor. Please resend this one. Thanks.

Reactions: EuroCarFan

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Don't you also need a specific tune for a stroker?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts