BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BMW was there in force. I was trying to look at how busy the various booths were and there was a pretty big crowd around BMW but GM was really hopping. BMW had a great M display. The X6 and 1 series and M3 were the star attractions.

I looked at the forums and this seems to be the most appropriate. Gustav, I wonder if we should start a forum - Photo Gallery (and not just Owner's pics). In other boards, this is almost always the busiest forum....

Hummm....I wonder how much those ceramic brakes will be for our M5 / M6s?

Anyway, here are some BMW Pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Would love to see more of the X6....

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1. Thanks for posting the pics. Can't make it to the auto sho this year, unfortunately.

That's why this community is great..... we all contribute.

I was thinking of you actually yesterday....thinking how bad the Michigan roads were and the impact on cars like the M5.

RussRamz was also thinking about you but his intentions were not as innocent :haha:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I still cant get used to those M3 mirrors.... yuck!

How did you like the X6??

·
Registered
421 Posts
I saw a fleet of X6 on the highway once. From the back it looks like some Korean made car. But overall I hate to admit that I do like it, especially all the small details to differentiate itself from X5.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still cant get used to those M3 mirrors.... yuck!

How did you like the X6??

Nice but it looked and felt like a chopped X5.....sorry BMW, 5000 pounds is 5000 pounds. But if I were in the market for a SUV.....it would be the X5 or X6.

Wierd seeing 2 turbos on the top of the engine.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That's why this community is great..... we all contribute.

I was thinking of you actually yesterday....thinking how bad the Michigan roads were and the impact on cars like the M5.

RussRamz was also thinking about you but his intentions were not as innocent :haha:
Much appreciated (though I'm gonna have to watch out for RR:eek:oohhh:)! Actually, spent 1.5 hrs this morning blowing a foot of snow off my driveway. Then hopped into my M5 (with snows on) and plowed through the back streets covered with crud and drifts to get to work. Fun, fun, fun, but requires DSC intermittently turned off. As a point of reference, these cars drive so much better than the front heavy/rwd Detroit iron behemoths that I grew up driving though worse conditions in the 1970's. Those fishtailing pigs had absolutely no rear traction. Can remember the comraderie of getting pushed up small inclines or out of drifts many times, as well as doing so for others. Ahhhh, the good old days......:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thnaks for the pics, do you have any of the inside of the x6?

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thnaks for the pics, do you have any of the inside of the x6?

There is one in my original post. Other than the back, it looked very much like the X5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts