BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im sorry that my first post on this forum is a For Sale post, but I really need to get rid of this car.

My loss is your gain.

Im only asking $55,900 but Im willing to entertain any reasonable offers.

If interested, please email me at benshar(AT)comcast.net or reply to this post.

Thanks!

Below are the details.

Here is your chance to get a super car.
This car is loaded!

2008 M5 w/ Dinan Upgrades and only 19,500 miles.
With all the Dinan Upgrades, the car puts out 550 Horsepower!

It is still covered by the remainder of the factory warranty!

It is Alpine White exterior and Black Full Merino Leather interior with Wood Trim.

The upgraded options on the car are:

6 Speed manual!
Black Perf. Merino Leather
Rear side Airbags
Comfort access
Multi-function seat / lumbar
Rear sunshades
Front ventilated seats
heated rear seats
Ipod integration
Heads up display
Satellite Radio
Enhanced premium sound

I also have the following Dinan upgrades:

Stage 3 Software
High Flow Exhaust
Free Flow Throttle Body
Strut Power Braces
Rear Diff
Dinan Mats
Dinan Pedal Pads

NOTE: This is not the 5.8L Stroker.

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Isn't s3 stroker package?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all honesty, I have no idea.
I called Dinan and they told me what parts were actually on the car and based on that, they said it has S3 Software. They didnt say anything about stroker, but I dont really know what a Stroker is.

What does it look like? Is it part of the engine, or the exhaust? and maybe i can check if i have that.

Sorry, I couldnt be more helpful.

·
Registered
932 Posts
S3 software is just tunning, s3 Dinan package is stroker motor package. People might think you have the 5.8 liter stroker motor in you Beast. I might change the wording. GLWS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha, thanks. I updated the post a bit and removed S3 (other than the software) and added a note at the bottom that it is not the 5.8L engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I LOVE the car. Its absolutely amazing, but there are 3 reasons why im selling it. (none of which have anything to do with how great a car it is for the right person).

1) because of all the Dinan upgrades, the car is quite loud on a cold start. You dont really hear it when the car is outside, but I start it up each morning in the garage and I get yelled at by my wife each morning because it wakes her and the kids up from the growling of the engine. I actually love the sound it makes, but compared to the sounds my wife makes when she is yelling, its not worth it :)

2) i was given a price limit of what I could spend on a car and this car I bought was just about at that limit. And it was an impulse buy, I saw it, drove it, loved it, and bought it. Now when i called around to find out how much an extended warranty would cost (this one has about 6 months left on factory warranty), i found out that it will be $3498 for a maintenance plan and $4110 for powertrain, or $7110 for powertrain and bumper to bumper. Assuming i went with bumper to bumper and maintenance, im looking at another $10500 or so after the factory warranty runs out. I was not planning on spending any more money on it.

3) this is more a personal reason. I have dreamed of an M5 for over 10 years now and finally thought I could afford to get it. And after driving it for a couple weeks, I realized, i think i outgrew this car. I kind of miss my SUV which is much bigger and easier to transport 3 kids around. Im probably going through buyers remorese, but it is what it is.

For the right person, this is a phenomenal car. I would just like to get my money back on it and look for something a bit more practical.

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts