BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I find these parts for this model bmw at a good cheap price ? What do the part look like so I can make sure I replace all four. Where under the hood are they located (Diagnostic Codes 271A, 271B, 271C, 271D)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's some light reading for ya. I have what are known as Sophie's V2 solenoids, but there may be other options are there that may or may not be proven to work. Enjoy.

·
1,825 Posts
If you get multiple vanos codes it usually means rod bearing failure. You should look into the bottom end before spending money on solenoids. BMW solenoids are not cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you get multiple vanos codes it usually means rod bearing failure. You should look into the bottom end before spending money on solenoids. BMW solenoids are not cheap.
Well the bmw is only 4,999 but the dealer says it needs to replace all Vanos solenoids before it will run right

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Find another vehicle. You need to do a boatload of research to know what you're getting into.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Like Tex said, walk away. I didn’t realize you don’t own the car. It could be as simple as swapping the solenoids, but all four bad solenoids signal there’s likely a bigger issue lurking around the corner... tic toc, tic toc boom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts