BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Update on tires ... went with Continental ExtremeContact Sports

Recent service, replaced PS lines and reservoir, new power seat actuator on pass side and did an oil sample, came back great.

Currently sitting at 63k miles. I’d highly recommend anyone looking at a 6MT e60 to snatch it up with these prices. I really don’t know why you’d consider anything else even remotely close to the price.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Congrats on the car! I just sold my 09 with almost the same set up. Dinan P2 package, 6MT. Kinda wished I'd have kept it but out of space to do so and take on an F82 M4 in the near future. I believe the E60 has bottomed out and will rebound soon, especially the 3 pedal ones.

I found the Extreme contact sports squirmy on the rear at high speed acceleration and braking, and in corners too. Especially with the suspension in comfort setting. Was OK in hardest setting. But I swapped them out for PSS and I thought the PSS were much better for high speed handling, accel/braking & cornering.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the M5 still available ? I'm interested
The one at the start of the thread you mean? No not if that’s the one you are referring to. I bought it and it currently isn’t for sale. Unless you have a V8 tt esprit. Then I would consider (maybe) a trade 🙂

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice car. That’s a good price. They need to proofread the ad though 🙂
Ah; the limited edition M3 Wide and Long body kit with a V10 conversion. Don't see many of those around.
Yeah LOL I saw that before I went to look at it at that dealership (was in the area) and was kind of expecting a crappy place. But the owner had a lot of cool and hard to find vehicles. (Bikes and cars)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Dang that seems like a deal on that car. It must have been traded-in someplace and the mainline dealer flipped it to this wholesaler.

EDIT: that place has a huge inventory of cool cars: https://www.texashotrides.com/inventory
Long story short, I sold it to a local guy, gave him a good deal as I thought he would keep it at least a short while, and I didn't have really have time due to work to deal with waiting on the right buyer to come along if I listed it publicly. Plus no space to keep any more cars and a myriad of other factors. Anyway as it appears he ended up flipping it as I sold it to him less than a month ago. There's been a 2010 listed off and on locally for around $24K with a lot less miles than mine and it wasn't moving, but it was an SMG. But I just knew getting an efficient sale at a decent price was going to be a pain with an E60 right now. If I had more space I'd have sat on it another 5-10 years when it probably starts going back up due to it being the only V10 BMW F1 engine with 3 pedals etc etc...

The cars that AREN'T listed there are even better LOL. The owner is obviously a serious gear head. There was a manual F82 M4 I asked about but the sales guy said the owner loves that car and it's his #1 track toy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am considering selling this one as I have found an V8 tt Esprit locally that would be hard to pass on. I know, very different cars and not even remotely serving the same purpose, if I could keep all my cars I would, but I typically move in and out (my personal) cars about every 2 years. The e60 M5 does everything perfectly. Since I bought this in August 2018, I have:
  • new tires (conti extreme contact)
  • synthetic oil changes with Blackstone reports (all good)
  • new door lock actuator for soft close feature on driver door
  • new leg extension motor for passenger seat
  • new PS lines and reservoir
Currently has 66.9k miles, located in Chattanooga TN. Can ship anywhere. Will be fully professionally detailed again prior to sale. Have about $34k invested, entertaining near offers.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts