BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this board but I bet that you guys are just as helpful as the guys on the e46fanatics board. My dad has his smashed up m6 and he wants to get it fixed soon. However he wants a nice bodykit for his car so it can be installed at the same time of it being fixed. The only bodykit I've found is the Lumma Design CLR 600 kit but that's really expensive. You guys have any thoughts as to what wide body kits are around?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
AC Schnitzer

Hey guys im new to this board but I bet that you guys are just as helpful as the guys on the e46fanatics board. My dad has his smashed up m6 and he wants to get it fixed soon. However he wants a nice bodykit for his car so it can be installed at the same time of it being fixed. The only bodykit I've found is the Lumma Design CLR 600 kit but that's really expensive. You guys have any thoughts as to what wide body kits are around?
AC Schnitzer probably makes my favorite kit:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Those are indeed nice and all but wide body kits is what I'm looking for
Unless it's a tacky no-name brand that consists of bulky fiberglass strapped to the doors and wheel wells, you won't find an inexpensive widebody kit. Both Ludwig and Lumma Design widebody kits are $18k+. Hamann makes one for about $7k but I don't like the looks much (but that's not saying much as I don't like the Lumma or Ludwig either)...

You can check it out the Hamann kit here: Hamann BMW M6 Widebody

-b.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wide body kit for M6= TOTAL RICER lol

Sorry, but for sure not my style. Only car that looks good with a wide body kit is the Black Series AMG cars imo...
LOL. I was trying not to go there but I WAS thinking... "Does this come with a buzzer exhaust tip too?" ;)

-b.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That's SO wrong on SO many levels, I'm not even going to go there... :1::eek:h::1::eek:h::1:

-b.

hahaha. I think this is the one he wants :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Wide body kit for M6= TOTAL RICER lol

Sorry, but for sure not my style. Only car that looks good with a wide body kit is the Black Series AMG cars imo...
I agree with the possible exception of the Lumma. I have not seen photos of the Ludwig, so no comment there.

I think the Hamann and Prior design look similar and totally rice to my eyes. Now where did I leave that rusty spoon suitable for digging out my eyes?

@OP - The other kits (ACS, etc.) are not widebody, so I'm guessing they are not on your list.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I agree with the possible exception of the Lumma. I have not seen photos of the Ludwig, so no comment there.
It appears the "Prior Design" is a Ludwig copy as the photos in the eBay auction look the same:

Ludwig Widebody Kit

Can't believe it has a $20k retail price...

-b.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts