BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. I have a '07 M6 and recently got a reduced emissions message. Took it to the local dealer and they stated the code was a PO309, cylinder 9 misfire. I asked them which cylinder was #9 and was told it was on drivers side, 2nd from the front.

FYI, the car has 95K. It was a one owner with 72K when I bought it from a dealer in 2017. So far, this has been the only issue. I do not know if the original plugs and coils were ever changed. Plug I replaced was a NGK, which may be original, not sure.

I bought a new coil and installed it at that location. Error code still remained and car still ran rough. I replaced the sparkplug and still have the same message and code.

Am I working on the wrong cylinder?

I can't find any diagrams online to confirm the 10 cylinders so far.

If I am on the right location, please assist with what else it could be, if not coil and spark plug.

Thanks in advance.
Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts
The spark plugs on these cars need to be changed frequently as they are used by the ionic module for knock sensing. I had the same problem, replaced all plugs and 2 coils and still had the same error. I swapped the ionic module and the error moved to the other cylinder bank. Replaced the module and that fixed the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts