BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

As my title states, I am new to the board!! Great to be here!!

I upgraded from a 2004 645CI to my M6 last week and I have a couple of question/comments for some of you...

1. 2,000 KM BREAK IN - Wow, this is hell!! It's like presents under the tree in November....Anyways, I just put reached 2,000 KM and the car in booked in tomorrow for the service.

2. OIL GAUGE SENSOR - I took the car way for the weekend and the oil gauge went from .9 to . in under 200 KM. At this point, I had 1250 KM on the car. I went to the local dealer and he put in a litre of oil. The gauge still said the add a litre. At that point, I cam concerned, as I thought we were putting in too much oil. I had them drain the oil and add new. I drove the car 350 KM today and the gauge shows 1.1 saying that the oil is OK. Does the car burn different levels at different speeds? I really drove the car hard today. (170KPH through a mountain road.)

3. FRONT PLATE - the dealer added the front plate and I am from an area that only has rear plates. Is there anyway I can take this off? I think they drilled holes in the front to add plate holder....idiots!!

That's all for now...I would appreciate any input fom all of you!!

Cheers!!

Rod

·
Registered
649 Posts
Added pics of the car....
Welcome!!:thumbsup: I also picked up a new 08 M5 in Moncaco Blue.on the 26th ..stunning color if u ask me. unfortuanlly they did drill holes in the front bumper, i told my dealer if anyone drills holes in my bumper i will stick the dewalt up my salsesperons *** .lol........
PS I am very jelous yours came with Micheliens!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome to the club. Nice M you have there. Seems like we have almost the same stable (M6 and X5).

Enjoy in good health and don't worry about the oil. Things will settle down once you've put some miles on her. We all went through this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts