BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

As my title states, I am new to the board!! Great to be here!!

I upgraded from a 2004 645CI to my M6 last week and I have a couple of question/comments for some of you...

1. 2,000 KM BREAK IN - Wow, this is hell!! It's like presents under the tree in November....Anyways, I just put reached 2,000 KM and the car in booked in tomorrow for the service.

2. OIL GAUGE SENSOR - I took the car way for the weekend and the oil gauge went from .9 to . in under 200 KM. At this point, I had 1250 KM on the car. I went to the local dealer and he put in a litre of oil. The gauge still said the add a litre. At that point, I cam concerned, as I thought we were putting in too much oil. I had them drain the oil and add new. I drove the car 350 KM today and the gauge shows 1.1 saying that the oil is OK. Does the car burn different levels at different speeds? I really drove the car hard today. (170KPH through a mountain road.)

3. FRONT PLATE - the dealer added the front plate and I am from an area that only has rear plates. Is there anyway I can take this off? I think they drilled holes in the front to add plate holder....idiots!!

That's all for now...I would appreciate any input fom all of you!!

Cheers!!

Rod

·
Registered
836 Posts
congrats, Monaco Blue is very nice in person and is the only color that is harder to realistically photograph than Indy red.

·
Registered
991 Posts
welcome aboard!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have 3,000 KM on the car!! I got all my horses and all I can say is WOW!! Why I didn't buy this car last year is beyond me. What a rush!!

255 KPH so far is my top speed - still looking for the right road to see what she can do!

Do any of you have any ideas on the front license plate thing I posted previously?? Thanks in advance!!

Rod

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would remove the plate and have a body shop touch up the holes. It shouldn't be expensive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Canada, where abouts?

·
Registered
156 Posts
yeah the weather was brutal, startin to get better now though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts