BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get the brake warning notice to reset despite changing the front pads and sensors (from Bavarian Autosport).

Start Scenario:
1.) Brakes had plenty of miles left, like 2000 or so according to iDrive. I decided to replace them anyway since they were squealing.

2.) Replaced the front pads and reinstalled the old sensors.

3. Could not reset the warning notification using the odometer button method. Instead of getting the 'RESET' option for the front brakes all I got was an 'OK'.

Next Scenario
1.) I ponied up for new sensors from Bavarian Autosport and installed them.
2.) Same result when trying to reset the notification

Now Scenario
1.) I read somewhere on the forums that you can jump the sensor...so I did that. I cut the end of the old sensor and soldered the wires together then plugged that into the harness. I started the car (still on jack stands) and let it run for a minute. Resetting yielded the same results.

2.) Reinstalled the new sensors. Tried to reset...no luck.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't think of anything else to do!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I cannot get the brake warning notice to reset despite changing the front pads and sensors (from Bavarian Autosport).

Start Scenario:
1.) Brakes had plenty of miles left, like 2000 or so according to iDrive. I decided to replace them anyway since they were squealing.

2.) Replaced the front pads and reinstalled the old sensors.

3. Could not reset the warning notification using the odometer button method. Instead of getting the 'RESET' option for the front brakes all I got was an 'OK'.

Next Scenario
1.) I ponied up for new sensors from Bavarian Autosport and installed them.
2.) Same result when trying to reset the notification

Now Scenario
1.) I read somewhere on the forums that you can jump the sensor...so I did that. I cut the end of the old sensor and soldered the wires together then plugged that into the harness. I started the car (still on jack stands) and let it run for a minute. Resetting yielded the same results.

2.) Reinstalled the new sensors. Tried to reset...no luck.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't think of anything else to do!
I was told the sensors have to be programmed to the car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts