BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to post and ask this question. I just recently bought my beast at a local dealership and noticed that I don't have a 6 CD changer.

Can someone confirm that this is standard options and I should and I just can't find it? I looked in my glovebox and there's no changer...

Other than that, it's been all smiles every time I drive it.

·
Banned
194 Posts
I have looked at about 10 m5's and they all have changers

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can someone else confirm this? i might have to take my car back to the dealership and find out if that's the case...

·
Registered
212 Posts
You're sure that the in dash isn't a 6-disc?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're sure that the in dash isn't a 6-disc?
i'm pretty sure because it wouldn't let me load more. do you have 6 disks in dash?

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is no such thing as 6 disc in dash. You're suppose to have a changer in the glove box, if you don't, probably someone took it out and maybe put an ipod interference device in it. Or it just didnot come with a cd changer. I think its optional.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't have the 6 disk in my 07 either. I looked at the original window sticker and looks as though it's an option mine doesn't have. In looking at the manual it would be in the golve compartment on the left side if I had one. I would think there is an aftermarket one available that would be easy to install. I would think the wiring harness is already there, but haven't taken a look.

Reactions: LeeDan00

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I just have to post and ask this question. I just recently bought my beast at a local dealership and noticed that I don't have a 6 CD changer.
CD changer was standard in MY2006, and became an option in MY2007.
Most dealer ordered cars will have this option.
Cars without the changer will have a plastic cover over the empty space in the back of the glove box.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I now have my second e60 M5 and neither car had / has a 6 disc CD changer. I think the 6 disc changer would be in your glove box.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not realize that my car does not have one either until a couple of weeks later, I just assumed a car that cost 95K would have one. :dunno:
Well said. That's what I assumed only because my 2003 Acura tl-s has a 6 cd changer.

I also noticed I don't have HUD and rear window shades lol... Hope the list stops there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i'm pretty sure because it wouldn't let me load more. do you have 6 disks in dash?
Wow, I Always figured the in-dash was a 6-disk ouich, especially with it being a $90k+ car.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL i guess i'm not the only one who's wondering...

i just can't believe it's not a standard feature in a $90k car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
CD Changer

The CD Changer was an option in my 2008. I went through the same questions with my dealer. I thought it came standard with a 6 cd changer in the glove box. Got access to my build sheet, he was correct. Lucky for me the previous owner had already installed the I-pod connection device. The previous owner had upgraded to the premium audio system and I assumed wrongly that the 6 cd changer was standard. Couldn't believe it given the price of the car.:crying:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts