BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 BMW M5, Dinan, Fully Loaded, Interlagos Blue Metallic, Black Interior, 37000 miles, 6-Speed Manual, Estimated 514 HP.

Asking Price: $55,000.00

Options:
Heads-Up Display
Comfort Access Package
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
Heated Rear Seats
Fold Down Rear Seats
Multifunction Seat Package with Active Seat Backs
Medeira Walnut Wood Trim
Satellite Radio
Full Leather w/Perforated Merino Seats and Alcantara Roof liner
Parking Distance Control
Adaptive Headlight Control
Navagation
Blue Tooth/Hands Free Voice Control

Dinan Components:
Free Flow Exhaust
Engine Software
3.91 Limited Slip Differential
Carbon Fiber Front Strut Tower Brace

This car has been meticulously cared for. Always garaged. Complete maintenance records, all work performed by BMW San Diego.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE

Thank you for looking,

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I know I'm bias, but I think it's the best color combo, the interlagos blue with black interior. I don't agree with the other post that Dinan upgrades don't add value or possibly reduce the value. The Dinan exhaust is perfect and the 3.91 differential with the manual 6-speed makes a great combination. I know I'm a little high but this car is an easy 8 or 9 and there's nothing that comes close to it for sale in the Southern California area. If there is, please show it to me.

With that said, I'm droping the asking price to $50,000.

Randy

·
Registered
164 Posts
I love Interlagos Blue, but what do you mean there's nothing that comes close to it in the SoCal area? There are plenty of low-mileage E60 M5's for sale - unless you're referring to the manual. Additionally, people usually prefer stock cars because I think they usually assume they've been less aggressively driven and also they like to select what will be on their car. So, the mods don't add any value. This is a commonly known fact, especially if you don't have all the stock parts boxed up. I wish I could tell you differently. I know it's frustrating to think that all the money you spent on those parts won't bring added value/potential reduce value.

However, I think the real wild card you have going on for you is the true manual transmission. I'm sure there are a lot enthusiasts on the lookout for a true manual. I know would be as I personally hate paddle shifters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is really not the place for negative comments about someone's car that's for sale. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your opinion might change a person's thoughts on buying. First off, this car has never been driven aggressively, unless aggressive means opening it up on the open highway every once and awhile, and if you own a M5 and have never been north of 120 then you are lying or shouldn't own this type of car. I DO NOT RACE this car, I baby it and take a lot of pride on how I've taken care of it. I won't even drive it in the rain. The Dinan mods are very mild and enhance the car, maybe if you drove the car, you might change your opinion. In my opinion there is no other 2007 E60 for sale in the So Cal area as nice as this car, but that's only my opinion! Maybe it's time you think about upgrading, I'll make you a great deal.

Randy

·
Registered
164 Posts
I apologize if you felt I was being negative, but you solicited opinions about whether your car was priced too high. I gave you the reason why I thought your car might be priced too high and never said one negative thing about your car. In fact, I said that I thought the fact that you had a rare standard manual was a big benefit for your car AND that if I was buying an E60 I would want that + your color which I also complimented. Don't worry, this is a very educated board. My opinion wouldn't change anyone's opinion on here. If this discussion were taking place on AutoTrader or eBay it would be a different story. Plus, I don't think you'd be asking people on eBay if they your car was priced too high...

I bought an E39 M5 recently because it's my preference. If I wanted an E60 I would have bought one. I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, but rather something different. Getting a bigger fridge is an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I bought an E39 M5 recently because it's my preference. If I wanted an E60 I would have bought one. I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, but rather something different. Getting a bigger fridge is an upgrade.

getting a bigger fridge is called upsizing. getting a car that is newer, more power, more options, more leg room, and a higher price tag is considered an upgrade.

but i do love the e39 m5 too.:hihi:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, it's still for sale. I love the Dinan exhaust. I'm asking $47,500.
I also have some additional picture that I can send if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nice combo and Dinan additions....GLWS!

·
Registered
126 Posts
2007 black saphire m5 for sale, Dinan stage 2 and ASR stage 3

For sale: 2007 BMW M5

18,000 miles.
Black Saphire metalic paint Black perforated leather seats, Full black leather package with Brushed aluminum trim.

Every option except heads up display and ski bag.

Dinan stage two package with stage two software, throttle bodies, suspension, wheels, pilots, rear diff, cross braces, Dinan 19" wheels
ASR Stage 3 system used at track six passes only. Still have original fill on bottle. Bottle is out of car.
Racing Dynamics headers, race cats, Eisman race exhaust.

The car is mint except for a dime size scratch on the back bumper and a small 1/2 dollar sized ding from a lacrosse ball on the roof. I have been told that dent doctor can fix without painting etc.

The car is SMG, garage kept, never in accident or abused. Adult owned and a real awesome deal for some lucky buyer.

This car will be listed on ebay if I dont get any serious offers here. It should belong to a worthy M5 board member rather than some stranger who wont appreciate the beast.

Serious offers only.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The Dinan mods on this car make it more valuable to the right buyer, if I was looking for one it would be a plus probably because I have bought enough of them to realize how expensive they are. Also they are mild mods which appeal to many enthusiasts, GLWS.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hate to sell it but I have no room. I would keep it forever. New turbo s coming.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts