BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 07 M5 6spd for about a month now. It's got around 11000 miles. Since I got it I've noticed that just above idle I get very poor throttle response. It feels like a bog. Of course as the rpms rise all hell breaks lose. The only way I can explain it is it's kind of like a bog off the line. This happens under load and in neutral simply reving. Happens hot and cold. I use only Shell gas and have not added any cleaners.
Any thoughts?
I have 6 weeks left on warranty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi There,
I have a 08 6speed and I never encounter the problem that you have describe, and I’m just curious did you just encounter this problem or it is like that when you got the car? Because when I got my Dinan throttle bodies instill at their Morgan Hill location, they told me that all 10 throttle bodies need to be sync with couple of percent of each other in order to have the perfect throttle response or check your MAF to see if the unit need cleaning, because if the MAF is dirty some time it will cost slow throttle response and the MAF is temperature sensitive. But if you are looking for the best throttle response, you need to get a tune ECU from Dinan or other tuner. Because when I got my stage 3 tune from Dinan the car feel totally different, the P400 feel like P500 and the P500 feel way more responsive.

Hope this help and good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi There,
I have a 08 6speed and I never encounter the problem that you have describe, and I’m just curious did you just encounter this problem or it is like that when you got the car? Because when I got my Dinan throttle bodies instill at their Morgan Hill location, they told me that all 10 throttle bodies need to be sync with couple of percent of each other in order to have the perfect throttle response or check your MAF to see if the unit need cleaning, because if the MAF is dirty some time it will cost slow throttle response and the MAF is temperature sensitive. But if you are looking for the best throttle response, you need to get a tune ECU from Dinan or other tuner. Because when I got my stage 3 tune from Dinan the car feel totally different, the P400 feel like P500 and the P500 feel way more responsive.

Hope this help and good luck!
Thanks but its not a DSC or MDM problem. Lets say that I want to manually blip the throttle downshifting. The car just does not have crisp response. It's slow to react to input. Like I said it's kind of like a bog.

Lets say I wanted to be like all those youtube guys and stand around in parking lots and rev my engine. Just off idle response, it's just not crisp like other M5s. Every other M5 I know is an SMG but that cant be the issue.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i just bought my 07 M5 with 52k miles and i don't have that problem. my car is amazing from 1st through 6th gear. i would get the MAFs checked out to see if that's the problem but you should never feel like it's bog off the line.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just bought my 07 M5 with 52k miles and i don't have that problem. my car is amazing from 1st through 6th gear. i would get the MAFs checked out to see if that's the problem but you should never feel like it's bog off the line.
Thanks, only about 6 weeks left on warranty. Going to take it into local Stealer (Westchester BMW in NY) to have a couple things taken care of. Wind noise from sunroof, Squeeky active seats, poor throttle response, final oil change, remove permanent smile from face etc.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks, only about 6 weeks left on warranty. Going to take it into local Stealer (Westchester BMW in NY) to have a couple things taken care of. Wind noise from sunroof, Squeeky active seats, poor throttle response, final oil change, remove permanent smile from face etc.
I am local and I used Pace BMW in Portschester for my service. They are more customer friendly and they give me BMW loaners eventhough I did not buy my M5 from them. kinggf

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I hope everything checks out to be ok.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am local and I used Pace BMW in Portschester for my service. They are more customer friendly and they give me BMW loaners eventhough I did not buy my M5 from them. kinggf
Thanks,
I have never used them. Worth a try since I work in Eastchester.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope everything checks out to be ok.
Not that worried. Previous owner may have used poor quality gas. I only use SHELL so I'm hoping that things will get better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts