More pictures are coming as the rain clears. Please stay tuned.
Physical location of the car is in Spartanburg, SC
The time has come to sell my 2007 M5. This car was originally an SMG and has since been professionally and thoroughly converted to a 6 Speed manual as of 2/3/2017 (91,322 miles).
It currently has 113,696 miles and is currently garaged for winter. I've done a ton of maintenance/upgrades/retrofits since I purchased it on 10/4/2014 (I'm the 3rd owner). All vehicle software is up to date as of 7/2018. Exterior color is Sapphire Black Metallic, interior is Merino Black Leather. The roof rack pictured is no longer installed on the car, but I still have it if you want it.
VIN - CX07011
If you do not have access to CARFAX please contact me and I will provide a copy of the Carfax as part of the vehicle sale.
I am a BMW technician by profession and do all of my own work on our cars. The only work I do not do is tires/alignments, so if you are wondering why the carfax shows little service history, that is why.
Currently, there are no issues with the car mechanically, running, or otherwise that I am aware of. If something goes wrong, I fix it and continue to drive it.
Here's a breakdown of work done:
- CIC retrofit including new style controller, HD screen, CIC radio with single DVD and HD navigation which came in model year 2010 E60s. This retrofit has been properly done with all necessary vehicle order updates, software and coding modifications having been done like it came that way from the factory. All CIC coding, menus, etc. are period and functionally correct to all of the current options codes and outfitting of the vehicle.
- LCI CIC center console trim and heat/AC climate control retrofitted along with CIC.
- Brand new 6 speed perforated weighted shift knob and matching boot installed 2/3/17.
- Brand new matching perforated handbrake lever installed 2/3/17.
- Brand new competition perforated leather flat bottom steering wheel installed 2/3/17.
- Door panel grab handles have been upholstered in Charcoal Alcantara Suede.
- Interior Lights have been converted to all blue/white LEDs
- Interior console/dash trim has been paint matched Sapphire Black.
- Ultra rare, no longer available M-technic rear spoiler retrofitted (BMW PN 51710148785). Spoiler was factory paint matched and painted by a BMW factory painter. You can't even tell it was added after production. I have the original Sapphire painted e60 M5 low profile lip spoiler still in my possession and will provide it at the time of sale if buyer desires.
- Black front kidney grills with tri-color ///M stripe installed.
- Exterior rear view mirrors and shark fin have been vinyl wrapped in Frozen Gray Metallic for contrast. It can be peeled off to expose the original Sapphire Black paint underneath if you're not feelin' the Frozen Gray
- Option 2MA 6 Speed manual drivetrain properly, completely, and professionally retrofitted on 2/3/17. As part of the upgrade (done at 91,322 miles), the car also received a brand new Clutch, pilot bearing, Flywheel, Pressure Plate, Transmission mounts, CSB, Transmission fluid, clutch/brake fluid, proper SZM switch below the climate control so DSC can be fully deactivated, clutch hoses/piping, and shifter bushings. Again, this was properly done like it came that way from the factory. The vehicle order has been properly updated, along with all vehicle software and coding to reflect the change to option 2MA. Words cannot describe the amount of detail I put into this - I even went so far as to use the correct terminals, connectors, and harnesses which the car would have had from the factory. The driveshaft and transmission came from a low mileage California car with ~61k miles . CSB and flex disc replaced before install. You can see the work detail by detail here:
- Alignment done 10/2016
- Brakes were done in spring 2015
- Routine oil services between 4200-4500 miles with Castrol Edge 5W50 as recommended by someone with lots of experience with these engines.
- 4 VANOS solenoids refurbished on 12/10/2018.
- Multiple ignition coils have been replaced in the past year.
- Both throttle actuators have been replaced.
- Both idle actuators have been removed, cleaned, and reinstalled.
- Thermostat and coolant flush with OEM coolant 10/2018.
- Oil flushed and changed last in 11/2018 after t-stat change at 113,006 miles.
- Spark plugs/air filters changed in spring of last year.
- Alternator changed in spring of '16
Regarding the accident on 2/15/2015, despite what was provided to Carfax in the report, this vehicle never had any kind of mechanical underbody damage or otherwise. I was traveling on a single lane 2 direction road when meeting an approaching semi who had drifted into my oncoming lane. I was forced to drive over the shoulder on my side for a short period and ended up running over some debris/vegetation on the ground and ended up grazing the beginning of a guardrail resulting in a blown right front tire and some light front bumper damage. The tire was repaired and the front bumper replaced with a good used original paint part from another Sapphire M5 and the car was back on the road in a couple days. The underbody panels were damaged but there was never any mechanical damage beyond that. I have been driving the car since then with zero issues.
I'm sure there's a ton more I will think of in the next few days, and I will update everything accordingly. Pictures are in progress - I'll post them all up in the next coming days as weather allows.
Asking $21,500 and considering fair offers.
Please direct all questions to private messages, or send an email to [email protected]