BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving and all these messages popped up does anyone know what it could possibly be?
2007 BMW M6 Engine Malfunction! Reduced Power! DSC Malfunction

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,263 Posts
Codes?

How many miles?

Original battery?

Original alternator?

Did they go away?

How is the car now?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
49,000 miles, new battery and alternator in the last 6 months. Now all that is on is the check engine light.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to that, but I am going to take it to the mechanic in the mourning. Thanks for the help.

T

·
0 Posts
if you are in atlanta, pm me or text me. I have many connections with BMW dealers there that could work on your car for a huge discount. Even one of the salesmen at the Atlanta BMW dealer has an E60 M5.

Best,

TJ
616-304-3678

as a side note, it could be something as simple as your brake booster not holding pressure, if you have limp mode and DSC at the same time.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Be very wary of dealer techs without direct S85 experience. It can turn into a spendy guessing game very fast. Ask for the error codes before you authorize them to repair anything and post them here.

Forum member White94rx is a Master Tech at a dealership in Atlanta and owns an M5 as well. You may be able to contact him here for guidance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was driving and all these messages popped up does anyone know what it could possibly be?
2007 BMW M6 Engine Malfunction! Reduced Power! DSC Malfunction
Unlikely as it sounds, this may be the throttle actuator on bank 2. I'm going through the same. Do a search and you'll find it's far from uncommon. And it ain't cheap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen the same thing on the research I have been doing. What is the common price for something like this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts