1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
00 E39 M5; 07 E64 M6; 11 E70 X535D
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Evening,

I have a 2007 E64 M6,

I am looking at different options on how to make these angel eyes look a lot brighter or more like a newer BMW instead of this terrible looking yellow. I also would like to remove the yellow turn signal and put a clear lens in like in Europe. I have found several articles, but I want to see if there is anything new out.

Thank you

Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know how to remove the yellow turn signal and put a clear lens in like in Europe?

Chris

·
Registered
565 Posts
I am looking at different options on how to make these angel eyes look a lot brighter or more like a newer BMW instead of this terrible looking yellow. I also would like to remove the yellow turn signal and put a clear lens in like in Europe. I have found several articles, but I want to see if there is anything new out.

Al and I did these together on both our cars. That was a long time ago and they still look and work like new. I don't know of something that will actually work even half as well as this mod. The OEM light uses a fiber optic ring that has serious limitations. Any plug in replacement I have seen is always either too dark or imbalanced.

I can answer some questions if you have any.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Al and I did these together on both our cars. That was a long time ago and they still look and work like new. I don't know of something that will actually work even half as well as this mod. The OEM light uses a fiber optic ring that has serious limitations. Any plug in replacement I have seen is always either too dark or imbalanced.

I can answer some questions if you have any.

Thank you for the information and the willing to help. I am going to switch out the bulbs for the time being and later this year when I take the bumper off to get it fixed and the oil cooler replaced. I will do this upgrade.

Is this better than buying the upgraded headlights?

Also, main concerns is the yellow/ Amber corner. Do you know where I can get a Euro one?

Thank you,

Chris

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not sure what "upgraded headlights" you mean.
I deleted the orange corner reflectors when I had the headlights open.
Euro what? Headlights?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The yellow reflector I want that gone and a clear one in its place. That is EURO spec.

Where did you buy the clear reflector?

Chris

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not sure LCI will get you what you want. The US model will still have reflectors (DOT requirement). Also it's not a plug-and play mod.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure LCI will get you what you want. The US model will still have reflectors (DOT requirement). Also it's not a plug-and play mod.
I do not think the LCI have the Amber Reflectors because they moved the Amber Reflector onto the wheel arch.

Also, easy to retrofit tons of people have done it.

Just not sure if it is cost efficient.

Thank you again.

Chris

·
Registered
565 Posts
About the only way to find them is on eBay and they are usually in the $1,500 each range give or take. LCI versions are pretty rare.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts