BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad has a 2007 BMW 335xi (automatic, sedan) that frequently runs at 250 degrees even on short trips under his light foot. The other day I was driving it as a BMW should be driven Sport Mode, DTC off :M5rev:when the oil temp popped up to 270+ in 80 degree weather.:eek:oohhh: I put it in 6th. and cruised (i.e. limped) home. The car wasn't affected but should this happen? My brother told me that cars with synthetic oil are fine running this hot. What do you think? Can this be fixed (economically)?

P.S. I know there is a problem with non- sport package 335 BMWs; they didn't come with an oil coiler. I told my dad this is the one option he needs to get. The dealer had the car he wanted in stock with everything but the sport package. He bought it anyway. :grrrrr: Something can't be changed, parents are one of them. Well maybe they can, I did get a Merc loyalist to buy a BMW.:cheers: I hope the fuel pump doesn't fil.

·
Registered
90 Posts
you may have one of the earlier models that didn't have an oil cooler. I thought BMW came out with a fix sometime ago. Talk to your dealer, they may do it for you for free.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you're wondering why anyone would post on a 6 year old thread it's because they would like to be able to PM but don't have enough posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts