BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
So if you cleared your corners do you use like an amber bulb that's silver-coated.
The silver coated ones still work but in bright LED effect (white but blueish)
The side indicators look like bulbs but they flash as fast and nimble(?) as LEDs I have no complaints.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Can you post a video or pictures?
Unfortunately as soon as I installed it I got rid of those as I preferred the amber lights.

Just to be sure, I was talking about the side repeaters, not the one on front indicators like you do in USA?
Apologies in advance if I'm making any confusion here..

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi guys,
i have wired the lights as per the diagram (followed polarity of diode). turn signalling works fine but then the side/corner led hyperflashes and doesnt seem to hold steady. what could be the issue?

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
You dont have enough load resistance on the lighting circuitry.

You can either install load resistors or contact member dtm99cc5 to buy a plug and play adapter.

Dan
hi guys,
i have wired the lights as per the diagram (followed polarity of diode). turn signalling works fine but then the side/corner led hyperflashes and doesnt seem to hold steady. what could be the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just got The LCI turn signal light 4 m6
Can anybody help me please
Is three plugs on my turn signal light
And Lci only have one I need help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone direct me as to where to pick up the LCI wiring plugs that plug into the LCI style park lights. I am from non LCI to LCI and I understand how the wiring must be done but need the wiring pigtail part number. Any help is greatly appreciated.:)))

·
Registered
3 Posts
upgrade , adapter

do u know where i can buy the rear light adapter
Here you go for sharing.

Finally got both rear and front turn signals upgraded to LCI 2008 and on LED turn signals.

Another worthy upgrade.

See attached word document for DIY.

See attached document on how to remove the original headlights to gain access to turn signals.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words, videos are worth a million words.

Click on the youtube 2 minute short video link below.

YouTube - 2006 BMW M6 Turn Signal upgrade to LED turn signals

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi,
I wish I could join Sean (dtrm996c5) to buy the harness retrofit flashing BMW E63 LCI. How to do ?
Regards
Doubt you'll find Sean. Its not a bad job. Search for mimi74 and there is a long thread that explains the process. That's how I did it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I'm not an electronics expert, I'm just a little handyman.
I do not know how to mount diodes, after welding, should we protect them in a box? For resistors, do you have a precise reference such as the golden resistance which is fixed on a metal element to dissipate heat? Thank you

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi,
I'm not an electronics expert, I'm just a little handyman.
I do not know how to mount diodes, after welding, should we protect them in a box? For resistors, do you have a precise reference such as the golden resistance which is fixed on a metal element to dissipate heat? Thank you
Its not hard, but I would recommend you find a friend or shop to help you.

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
It needs coding - you need and lm2 then you can code it to flash correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it does not need coding to flash correctly. only needs the diodes to flash and either coding to eliminate errors in idrive, resisters and no coding.

LM1 or 2 should both work

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Outstanding job Jeff! That looks so cool!

Thank you for sharing.

Would you be so kind and share with us a DIY instructions on how to do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

My idea to fit sequential front turn signals with integral drl`s for the more modern look worked out ok and going to do the rear the same and use the drl part as reverse lights.

Jeff

https://youtu.be/p-UV4qpqyVk

161 - 180 of 206 Posts
About this Discussion
205 Replies
54 Participants
roseng
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing