BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here you go for sharing.

Finally got both rear and front turn signals upgraded to LCI 2008 and on LED turn signals.

Another worthy upgrade.

See attached word document for DIY.

See attached document on how to remove the original headlights to gain access to turn signals.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words, videos are worth a million words.

Click on the youtube 2 minute short video link below.

YouTube - 2006 BMW M6 Turn Signal upgrade to LED turn signals

hi

can you repost the DIY doc file from first page? i can t download it from there

thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Holy thread revival!

Can someone kindly help me get hold of a harness kit for my LCI turn signals here in the UK pls?

The turn signals will be arriving next week and I'm happy to pay someone to make me a harness kit please?!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
Holy thread revival!

Can someone kindly help me get hold of a harness kit for my LCI turn signals here in the UK pls?

The turn signals will be arriving next week and I'm happy to pay someone to make me a harness kit please?!

Thanks in advance.

Rears are plug and play. Fronts need the new connectors and some diodes. It's a simple circuit for anyone electronically inclined. I don't know of anyone that supplies a kit. I can get you wiring diagram if you need it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Rears are plug and play. Fronts need the new connectors and some diodes. It's a simple circuit for anyone electronically inclined. I don't know of anyone that supplies a kit. I can get you wiring diagram if you need it.
Thanks. I have rear LCI which are plug and play as you say. Fronts I can give it a go but not too happy to DIY. A diagram would help :) i mean would you be willing to make the harness for the lci turn signals?I'd be happy to send you some funds!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks. I have rear LCI which are plug and play as you say. Fronts I can give it a go but not too happy to DIY. A diagram would help :) i mean would you be willing to make the harness for the lci turn signals?I'd be happy to send you some funds!

https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/159718-my-new-m6-france-4.html
Go to post 172 and you'll see the diagram I used. Sorry I wish I could help more but a am traveling a great deal for work right now. I'll be in the UK next week but only 2 days and fully booked. Where are you located?

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Woops, just saw this Sir. I'm about 45mins from London Heathrow Airport.
I'm coming in to Luton next Sunday evening the 9th staying in Watford. Slight possibility we could have a coffee Monday AM and I could try to guide you through it. Of course you may have a normal life with work Monday AM or it may be to far but I'll try top help if that works.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm coming in to Luton next Sunday evening the 9th staying in Watford. Slight possibility we could have a coffee Monday AM and I could try to guide you through it. Of course you may have a normal life with work Monday AM or it may be to far but I'll try top help if that works.
You are too kind, thank you for the offer however I am away myself on a work trip that week sods law.

Oh well, I'll just keep asking questions on here and get your help if that's alright.

Thanks again and safe travels!

·
Registered
433 Posts
@roseng, I had to shelf this DIY for a while as work took over however I do have a question if I may.

If I live in the UK but buying a used set of LCI LED turn signals from the US (from a US car ofcourse!), would the same wiring diagram apply? Or, would something more need to be catered for when putting the wiring together?

·
Registered
556 Posts
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> @roseng <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->, I had to shelf this DIY for a while as work took over however I do have a question if I may.

If I live in the UK but buying a used set of LCI LED turn signals from the US (from a US car ofcourse!), would the same wiring diagram apply? Or, would something more need to be catered for when putting the wiring together?
The original came from France and it worked in my US spec car. I can't say if the UK car is different. Maybe look up the wiring diagram of both and compare. :wink

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
What’s the cost to upgrade to the 2008+ lights?

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your reply Roseng :)

I have fitted the LCI front indicators to my vehicle and made the exact same wiring as mimi74's diagram but I experience flickering when the car is running.

When I start the car everything is fine, but after around 30 sec the 2 DRL leds starts flickering and goes away. If I don't start the engine everything is fine.

Also when I use the indicator it could double flash in between the normal flashing, but other than that it works fine.

Any idea what it could be?

I have made Mimi74's wiring with 4 diodes(2 each light) and without resistors because it is coded.

All help is much appreciated

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks for your reply Roseng :)

I have fitted the LCI front indicators to my vehicle and made the exact same wiring as mimi74's diagram but I experience flickering when the car is running.

When I start the car everything is fine, but after around 30 sec the 2 DRL leds starts flickering and goes away. If I don't start the engine everything is fine.

Also when I use the indicator it could double flash in between the normal flashing, but other than that it works fine.

Any idea what it could be?

I have made Mimi74's wiring with 4 diodes(2 each light) and without resistors because it is coded.

All help is much appreciated
I remember something similar. Double check your diode polarity.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Anyone willing to make the wiring in exchange for £/$?

Yours truly,
A guy who can't make wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I remember something similar. Double check your diode polarity.
Thanks for the advice. I will order 4 new diodes and have them installed again and triple-check that it is correctly wired in.

But i noticed Mimi74 changed 2 or 3 wires location in the LMA(ligh module). Is that something that needs to be done? I haven't done anything other than coding and making the wiring :/

181 - 200 of 206 Posts
About this Discussion
205 Replies
54 Participants
roseng
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing