BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here you go for sharing.

Finally got both rear and front turn signals upgraded to LCI 2008 and on LED turn signals.

Another worthy upgrade.

See attached word document for DIY.

See attached document on how to remove the original headlights to gain access to turn signals.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words, videos are worth a million words.

Click on the youtube 2 minute short video link below.

YouTube - 2006 BMW M6 Turn Signal upgrade to LED turn signals

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey Dan,

I have to admit that you're car is awesome!!
Anyway, I have some question about the turn signal on your headlight.
What did you do to remove the yellow turn signal on the old headlamp?

Thank you, Dan

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for the compliments.

I'm sorry I dont quite understand the question.

The old turn signal was removed. I installed a new 2008 model year turn signal that has built in LED's.
The turn signals are separate module from the headlamps.

Hope that answers your question.

Hey Dan,

I have to admit that you're car is awesome!!
Anyway, I have some question about the turn signal on your headlight.
What did you do to remove the yellow turn signal on the old headlamp?

Thank you, Dan

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi. Thanks for the compliments.

I'm sorry I dont quite understand the question.

The old turn signal was removed. I installed a new 2008 model year turn signal that has built in LED's.
The turn signals are separate module from the headlamps.

Hope that answers your question.
Thank you for the prompt reply

What I mean by yellow turn signal is the one that is on the headlamp
I put some attachment to make sure you understand which part I am referring
Thank you

Attachments

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thanks, now I understand your question better.

You are asking about the amber headlamp corner reflector.

I applied a decal over it to cover the ugly amber reflector.

I purchased the decal from a guy named Phi Dinh.

If you are interested on purchasing a pair of decals, you can eMail him directly at [email protected]
Tell him Dan Loyola recommend him.

Here's what it looks like close up.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the prompt reply

What I mean by yellow turn signal is the one that is on the headlamp
I put some attachment to make sure you understand which part I am referring
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey Dan,
Did you put the amber headlamp corner reflector inside the headlamps or you just stick it outside?
Any special technique that I have to know before I installed it?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So you can do the LCI turn signals without having to do the whole lights? On Tishcer site it says you have to. Since you did it I assume you are the one who is right....I want to do this! Much cheaper than replacing the whole unit.

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the decal on the outer surface of the headlight.
Its a lot of work opening the headlight assembly and I didnt want to mess with that.

Re: application of decal, the seller Phi Dinh will eMail you instructions on how to apply the decal/sticker.
Make sure you follow the instructions well for best adherence.

Hey Dan,
Did you put the amber headlamp corner reflector inside the headlamps or you just stick it outside?
Any special technique that I have to know before I installed it?

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The head light and turn signals are individual/separates, so yes, you can do them separately.
It' been done a few times before. Just do a search here and you will see a few other guys that have done the turn signal upgrades.

NOTE: The headlight upgrade to LCI facelift requires special wiring or coding of software and there is only 1 guy here that have done it succesfully without any errors being thrown, and his mechanic wont share with us how he did it, his mechanic said its complicated, so if you upgrade your headlights to LCI, expect a fault code being thrown by the LCM.

I hate error codes and new headlight assembly is also so darn expensive so I left mine alone.
The turn signals are much less expensive.

So you can do the LCI turn signals without having to do the whole lights? On Tishcer site it says you have to. Since you did it I assume you are the one who is right....I want to do this! Much cheaper than replacing the whole unit.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
And how about the expense of painting your car orange for the video and than repainting back to Indy Red when it was done? HA HA HA - just kidding. Ah, the color shift from video cameras...The videos Gustav took of my car at the Welt had the same issue (mine looked too "green", yours too "orange").

Thanks for the video Dan.

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The original video file was fairly accurate. I think the color shift happened when Youtube compressed the video file heavily for posting on line.

You are always welcome Mark.

And how about the expense of painting your car orange for the video and than repainting back to Indy Red when it was done? HA HA HA - just kidding. Ah, the color shift from video cameras...The videos Gustav took of my car at the Welt had the same issue (mine looked too "green", yours too "orange").

Thanks for the video Dan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for post Dan

Always enjoy reading your progress. Did my rears last month (thanks Sean by the way), waiting for fronts from Sean. Front indicators in UK are £470.00 for both! ($700.00). glad you posted 'how to' will make the fronts a lot easier to do.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Looking great, Dan! Congrats! Car looks awesome (are you going to get the lowering springs)?

I will e-mail Phi, hoping he can fabricate the same for my 1-series, the ambers there are huge and make it look too fish-eyes, the Euro version headlights are great, but super pricey (and there is no other way to replace the amber reflector). Btw, with a modest tune and cat back exhaust, the little bugger made well over 360whp annd 380wtq (well over my modded M5, and weighs 400lbs less). Puts my RS4 to shame now! LOL hmmm

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're welcome.

If you have any questions on the upgrade, feel free to post here and I will try my best to help you.

Glad to hear you enjoy reading my posts.

Thanks for post Dan

Always enjoy reading your progress. Did my rears last month (thanks Sean by the way), waiting for fronts from Sean. Front indicators in UK are £470.00 for both! ($700.00). glad you posted 'how to' will make the fronts a lot easier to do.

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Tino! Great to hear from you buddy!

Thanks for the compliments about my car!

Yes, eMail Phi directly and hopefully he can help you for your 1 series reflectors.

Gosh, the 1 series is amazing. A modest tune and cat back exhaust and you get 36owph and 380 torque? Whooaaa!

Keep in touch my friend.

Looking great, Dan! Congrats! Car looks awesome (are you going to get the lowering springs)?

I will e-mail Phi, hoping he can fabricate the same for my 1-series, the ambers there are huge and make it look too fish-eyes, the Euro version headlights are great, but super pricey (and there is no other way to replace the amber reflector). Btw, with a modest tune and cat back exhaust, the little bugger made well over 360whp annd 380wtq (well over my modded M5, and weighs 400lbs less). Puts my RS4 to shame now! LOL hmmm

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Hi Tino! Great to hear from you buddy!

Thanks for the compliments about my car!

Yes, eMail Phi directly and hopefully he can help you for your 1 series reflectors.

Gosh, the 1 series is amazing. A modest tune and cat back exhaust and you get 36owph and 380 torque? Whooaaa!

Keep in touch my friend.
Will do, Mate! Always a pleasure to hear of your upgrades and mods!

I e-mailed Phi, he said he can do something for me once he returns from vacation, so very excited. There will be demand for his product at the 1Addicts board, I recon I can generate some business for his great product.

Very intrigued about the F10 M5, if it indeed does come in a manual, I may be back to M5 ownership sooner that I thought! (as you know I had little love for the E60). Chat soonand keep those great mod updates coming!

1 - 20 of 206 Posts
About this Discussion
205 Replies
54 Participants
roseng
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing