BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm worried that this one is an 06, and it seems to been modified. I prefer something stock. The low miles is what has my attention and it's indy red :p

2006 BMW 6 Series M6 Chicago, Illinois | Greater Chicago Motors

What say you?
I'm sorry, I don't see where this one's been modified except for the carbon fiber roundel on the trunk lid and the trunk lid lip addition...I think it's pretty clean looking and does have low mileage for an '06!

Not sure about the price...have you booked it out with Kelly or your bank? Is $35k inline with those resources?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yea, they've added some carbon fiber trim/bits, but really looks nice in the pics. $34K looks good given those miles. You might be looking at plugs, tranny oil, rear diff oil, engine air filters, cabin air filters, brake fluid flush. Nominal miles for these services is 37K, but with those years I'd say do it now. You might want to get it scanned at a BMW dealer for other systems. Another thing to consider is battery. M6 needs a strong battery. I keep mine (5 years old OEM battery) on a maintainer 24/7 when not driving. Nice looking car!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't know why people are worried with buying slightly modified cars at this kind of level! Its normally a good thing as it means its been owned by an enthusiast who's passion is cars so they take more care of them than the ordinary owner. I can see why it would put people off with modified old bangers and very cheap cars as any old runt can modify them horribly and don't take care but with the likes of an M car its the opposite

Good luck with your hunt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know why people are worried with buying slightly modified cars at this kind of level! Its normally a good thing as it means its been owned by an enthusiast who's passion is cars so they take more care of them than the ordinary owner. I can see why it would put people off with modified old bangers and very cheap cars as any old runt can modify them horribly and don't take care but with the likes of an M car its the opposite

Good luck with your hunt
I was going on the advice that modified cars are usually pedal to the metal type owners. So maybe the car might have been abused a bit.
Understood that the one here is just superficial stuff. But you make a lot of sense.

Hopefully I'll have my own M soon. The search continues...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Personally, I agree with dance171.

If the car was modified in a way I liked, I would most likely buy it because it would save me spending extra money down the road on mods. Plus people tend to take more care of these types of cars than others. The biggest proof of this is found on these forums. Some M6 owners were affected so much by just a scratch/dent on their beast that they made threads about it. To me, this shows that people LOVE to take good care of this car and anything slightly off will bother them.

As far as pedal to the metal driving, these cars are built to handle that type of aggressive handling (after all, it is an ///M). You don't just simply buy an M6 to drive it around like a regular 6-series.

For the buyers: avoid making assumptions on the previous driver based on the mods he did to the car as it could result in you missing out on a great car. Most performance mods are a good thing.

Reactions: CatsFan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts