378 Posts

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
55k-62k

·
Registered
325 Posts
Maybe not at the auction or trade in, but there is some value when selling to private party.
True, but you are buying it from a dealer who probably bought it at auction and paid $0 for it, why should you pay more? But if you really have to know I would guess that those mods are worth in the range of 10K new, so being generous 20 cents on the dollar I would add if I was really pressed 2K to the price of the an unmodified M5, but the closer to $0 you get the better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the dealer, "Since we are the custom shop that did all of the work, the receipts will all be from us,"

So maybe they took in on a trade in?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
True, but you are buying it from a dealer who probably bought it at auction and paid $0 for it, why should you pay more? But if you really have to know I would guess that those mods are worth in the range of 10K new, so being generous 20 cents on the dollar I would add if I was really pressed 2K to the price of the an unmodified M5, but the closer to $0 you get the better.
+1 IF THE MODS ARE REMOVED......you've got tires, wheels, springs and more than likely paint work to do.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
One more thing..................2006 was a somewhat problematic year for some rather serious mechanical gremlins. hmmm

·
Registered
82 Posts
M5's are going through the lanes at Manheim auto auction between $55k-$59k depending on the miles. Like mrhonest wrote; zero on mods. I recommend leasing a car this expensive. You can mod it out and when the lease is up, put the factory stuff back on and get a new one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The downside is then I have to pay retail for the mods. In addition, at the end of the lease, I don't have a car.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I keep hearing this below 60k crap for cars with just a few thousand miles on them. I wonder what my fully loaded bone stock 2007 with 42,000 miles is worth?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are the last ones that went through Ocoee, near Orlando.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="98%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=vlca>BMW</TD><TD class=vlca>M5</TD><TD class=vlca></TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>2006</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>SILVER G</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>4</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>1</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>0</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>A</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap></TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>Y</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>CD</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>MR</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>L</TD><TD class=vlra noWrap>8154</TD><TD class=vlra noWrap>$59,600</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD class=vlca>BMW</TD><TD class=vlca>M5</TD><TD class=vlca></TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>2006</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>SILVER G</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>4</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>1</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>0</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>A</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap></TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>Y</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>CD</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>MR</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>L</TD><TD class=vlra noWrap>19176</TD><TD class=vlra noWrap>$55,000</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=vlca>BMW</TD><TD class=vlca>M5</TD><TD class=vlca></TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>2006</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>BLACK</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>4</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>1</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>0</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>A</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap></TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>Y</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>CD</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>MR</TD><TD class=vlca noWrap>L</TD><TD class=vlra noWrap>10715</TD><TD class=vlra noWrap>$58,400</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
4,354 Posts

It's an E60, offer him high 50s i'd say 56-7...if a car is modded you offer the equivilant of an unmodded car of equal specs or you offer less since no one told the private party or dealer to go out and mod or buy a modded car

"you're buying an e60 these cars are becoming relics sitting on dealers lots, so you can just throw him a number and if he says no"...tell him something along the lines of if he wants to sell to you he has you're number...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I keep hearing this below 60k crap for cars with just a few thousand miles on them. I wonder what my fully loaded bone stock 2007 with 42,000 miles is worth?
probably alot less than you may think !! :sad2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is what the dealer has told me about the mods. 'It has a Body kit, wheels, lowering springs, exhaust, pedal set. Which total to $28.5k. No breakdown, its a package. If it was individually priced it would be over 30k. "

Does that sound right for those mods?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts