BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -

I have had my car for a few months and this has been bugging me, but i haven't really had time to think about it much until recently.

My right headlight is aimed significantly higher than my left.

For example, when following people I have heard comments like "one head light is a different color" (because the cutoff line was above their rear view mirror) and "dude you are blinding me!"

I can add a picture tonight where you can see my lights aimed at a flat wall, i mean it it OBVIOUS.

I did some searching and saw some comments about the right / left bias adjustment based on which side of the road you drive on, but did see anything relating to vertical aim.

I am really NOT looking forward to what the dealer might charge for this. Any thoughts on making the adjustment would be greatly appreciated!

:cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can easily adjust your headlights yourself. Just pop the hood and look at the top of your headlights. You will see two white bolts that an allen wrench can fit into. One controls up and down, and the other left and right. Start turning the bolts till you get it where you want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
got it figured out today.

used a 7/32" allen key on the adjustment screw that is towards the center of the car for the vertical aim, turning it CLOCKWISE to LOWER it.

See attached pictures

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The right side is higher for a reason, the left side is support to be lower so it doesn't bother ppl driving on opposite side of the road. This is a safety feature but if its way off then go for it otherwise keep it as it should be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts