BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
M5board members,

I have for sale a 2006 M5 with ~57,500 miles and I'm asking $32,000. It's silverstone with black interior and aluminum trim. Options include Comfort Access, Muti-function (active) seats, Rear Sunshade, Fold-down rear seats with ski bag, Heated front and rear seats, Park-distance control, and Heads-up display. I think the only missing options are ventilated seats and 'full' leather.

I purchased the car in Sep '08 with around 17K miles. I have since used it for commuting 104 miles/day to work 3-4 days/week so most of the mileage is highway. It has been without question the best car I've ever owned due to it's ability to be both an executive cruiser as well as a highway monster!

The condition of the vehicle is excellent inside and out. The interior is perfect with no scratches or scuffs anywhere. The exterior is very good with no accidents or damage. There are some rock chips/road rash on the front bumper as would be expected at this mileage but overall the car looks great. The carfax is clean and I can provide a copy upon request.

Maintenance-wise the car needs nothing and is fully up to date with service and software updates. I have all of the service records, manuals, original window sticker, and three keys (two normal plus one wallet key with matching housing in the glove box). It has been maintained mostly at BMW of Sterling in VA according to the condition-based service indicator with some additional off-cycle oil changes for good measure.

The car is mostly stock, but has a few light mods:

- RPI ram air kit including scoops, BMC filters, and block-off plates
- matte black front grill and side gills
- H&R lowering springs
- updated LCI LED taillights
- tinted windows (installed by previous owner)
- built-in front/rear radar detector/laser shifter (Beltronics - installed by previous owner)

I have all of the original parts.

The car is currently sitting on the stock wheels (no curb rash at all) with Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero tires but I also have a set of lightweight Advan RS-D's available (see pics).

The car is out of warranty and I believe is priced accordingly. I'm more than happy to work with the potential buyer to have a PPI performed or inspection for the purpose of purchasing an extended warranty. FYI, the clutch was recently checked out and is still strong. The only reason it was checked is that the clutch position sensor failed and had to be replaced. At the time, all of the diagnostics for the SMG system were run and everything passed. Beyond the CPS failure, I've never had an issue with the SMG system and it shifts perfectly.

The sticker was over $90K on this car. The V10 runs very very strong on the highway ... as most know these cars are capable of hitting 200MPH when delimited.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll provide my phone # and e-mail upon request.

It's currently on ebay: BMW : 5-Series - eBay (item 220740869974 end time Feb-23-11 15:25:42 PST)

and I have additional pictures on flickr:

after drop - a set on Flickr

random M5 photos - a set on Flickr

before H&R springs - a set on Flickr

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Josh!

I know that car!

It's a nice one guys - super clean, runs perfectly, shifts great, and looks sick dropped with the black grills.

_Ben

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ben!

Thanks for the kind words and nice to see you on here as well. :cheers:

Cheers,
Josh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FYI, the car sold on ebay last week at my asking price of $32K. I have a deposit and the deal is scheduled to close this Saturday.

The buyer doesn't want the Advan RS-Ds so I have those for sale to anyone interested. They are 19x9 front +22 offset with a 65mm lip and 19x10 rear +20mm offset also with a 65mm lip (1/2" wider than stock F and R). They are also lighter than stock. I paid $3K for the wheels new plus ~$1200 for the tires (PS2 front and Conti ExtremeContact DW rear) and they are in perfect condition without a scratch. I'm looking for $1500 obo for the wheel/tire set. Tires have about 50% tread left.

Additional pics can be found here: before H&R springs - a set on Flickr

here: after drop - a set on Flickr

and here: random M5 photos - a set on Flickr

They tend to look pure chrome in the pics but in reality they have a smoked black appearance. The good news there is they tend not to look dirty with a bit of brake dust, the black just becomes enhanced ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not at all, the deal completed yesterday and the new owner took possession. Can you link what you're seeing on ebay?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Ben - I'm looking at quite a few of them. Right now I'm struggling with going for a 996 turbo or paying a little extra for a 997 GT3 or TT ... or a GT-R ;-)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting!!! He told me it was his dream car ... didn't seem like an investor at the time but then again who doesn't want to make a buck. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he told me it was side swiped in a parking lot the week after he bought it! :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Booo! Give him $1,000 and get it back. then Ill buy from you 34.5 - rofl

Damn im ready to pull trigger...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Booo! Give him $1,000 and get it back. then Ill buy from you 34.5 - rofl

Damn im ready to pull trigger...
Honestly it's a free market and I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck. I priced it where I did for a quick sale since I was ready to move it and that's exactly what happened. If he can get more for it then more power to him ...

I found it fairly tough to sell this car with the mileage where it is and no warranty. Everyone is afraid of SMG and VANOS failures, etc. I priced it low enough so that if those do fail and need work performed, it still ends up being a good deal for an amazing car.

I do miss that glorious V10 and the amazing and seemingly endless pull on the highway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts