BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

The time has come to list our beloved E60 M5. I work from home and just don't drive it enough to justify keeping it. It has brought me a lot of joy and good times so now I hope to pass it on to a new owner who will love it just as much as my fiancee and I did.

This car is modded but has been done so tastefully and with many parts that would be on any M5 enthusiast's shopping list including Eisenmann Race exhaust, KW Variant 3 coilovers, LCI tail lights, and much more which I'll list below. The car has been very well cared for and has just crossed the 73,000 mile mark. It currently has a Zurich warranty until the end of this month or 75,000 miles though a USAA 100K mile, $0 deductible warranty is available for it (which I will negotiate with the buyer).

Just about all of the common 2006 model-year issues have been addressed under warranty over the past three years including:

SMG Hydraulic Pump (replaced)
SMG Clutch (replaced)
VANOS lines (replaced)
Oil cooler (replaced)
Driver side lower thigh support control (replaced)
Rear Differential Fluid (replaced per service bulletin)

The car is LOUD, I'm not going to lie. I have had nothing but compliments on the sound this car makes and my favorite description is, "It sounds like a pack of angry street bikes." The ride is phenomenal, despite being very low (though this is adjustable), and everything on the car works exactly as it should. The car has been repainted recently due to some minor but thorough sand damage. The entire car was repainted to ensure a uniform finish.

Here is a list of options and modifications and if if seems like I'm forgetting anything, please don't hesitate to ask:

Factory Options:
Car is fully optioned, including:
Extended leather (upholstered dash, door panels, console, etc.)
Multi-Contour seats w/active bolsters (bendy backrests)
Heated/Cooled Seats
HUD
Park-distance sensors front and rear
Logic7 sound system
In-dash CD/6CD/Aux
Adaptive Xenon HID Lights
Dual Climate Control
Universal Homelink
Power sunroof
Rear power sunshade w/manual side window shades

Aftermarket Modifications:
KW V3 Coilovers
RPI Scoops
RPI Block-Off Plates
BMC Drop-in Filters
Smoked LCI tail lights
JME Front Bumper
Spacers front and rear (18mm front, 20mm rear)
Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Hood
Dension gw500 iPod integration
Radenergie Sec2 (mid-pipe)
Eisenmann Race Sec3 Exhaust
Carbon Fiber lower steering wheel cover
Euro SMG tuning
White Angel Eyes
Matte black kidney grilles
Matte black M5 trunk emblem
Custom coding (live traffic information in nav, vehicle speed in center cluster, windows up/down with remote, etc.)

I believe this car is an outstanding example and very tastefully done. I don't want to part it out as I believe this car is set up perfectly and belongs in the hands of an enthusiast. I will follow up with more pictures this week (recently added the modified front bumper and Vorsteiner hood,) but will leave you with a video of it on the dyno at European Auto Source (where it dynoed 441rwhp and 333tq): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpHo7gwEuM0

Asking price is $32,250. I am available to show the car to anyone who is seriously interested. I'm located in Chino Hills, CA.

Thanks for looking!

Kris Horton

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice looking car! GLWS!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just shipped one of my cars to England, so far is a relative term lol. I've used several shipping companies in the past so I could get it out to you if you're interested. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black Merino leather with perforated ventilated/heated seats, alcantara headliner, and extended leather (dash/doors/console).

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
glws!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are some more photos (the boring for sale ad-type stuff....)

Vorsteiner Hood:

Modded front bumper (formerly on member John Morgan Evans' car, Gunther):

Front 3/4 shot:

Side Profile showing current ride height (zero rubbing, even with 4 adults in car):

Rear View:

Driver Seat:

Door Panel showing extended leather/aluminum trim:

Front Passenger Seat:

OEM Suede Headliner:

Rear Seats:

Console and Dash:

'08+ LCI Tail Lights (with brake light mod):

Gauge Cluster (mileage current as of 6/7/14):

Passenger side dash:

Shifter/iDrive:

V1 Hardwire:

HVAC/DVD control panel (pointing out common wear in soft-touch):

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please email me your contact info, to joek314 at gmail dot com. Ready to buy an E60 as early as this weekend, thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is "sand damage?

"due to some minor but thorough sand damage."
The clear coat and windshield were very pitted and in a few areas the paint was chipped.

Please email me your contact info, to joek314 at gmail dot com. Ready to buy an E60 as early as this weekend, thanks.
I actually sold the car this week, sorry for being slow to update this thread but good luck in your search, there are quite a few out there!

Kris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts