BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am having a heck of a time with my 2006 M5 E60. Back story. I few weeks ago, After the car sat for about 3-4 hours, I went to start it and it would not start. Along with this issue, the brakes were firm and could not be depressed. When trying to start, it sounded like the solenoid on the starter was engaging, but would not turn the engine over. No other noises were made. I suspected either a drained battery or a bad starter. Eventually, after trouble shooting, I had Advance Auto Parts charge the battery overnight (I had tried to jump it and also charged the battery at home to no avail), reinstalled the battery and everything worked. Chalked it up to a dead battery. Fast forward to 3 days ago. Exact same issue happened again. Verified Battery was good but this time it did not start. Exact same symptoms as far as hearing a click when trying to start it and the brakes are firm and will not depress. The only time the brakes are firm is when the car will not start. It has sat for a much longer time and the brakes are fine when trying to start, so I do not suspect there is any type of vacuum leak causing the brakes to be firm and not allow them to depress. If anyone has any idea what may be causing this, I would greatly appreciate some advice on what I would need to check/do to get this taken care of. Thanks in advance, Stacey

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am having a heck of a time with my 2006 M5 E60. Back story. I few weeks ago, After the car sat for about 3-4 hours, I went to start it and it would not start. Along with this issue, the brakes were firm and could not be depressed. When trying to start, it sounded like the solenoid on the starter was engaging, but would not turn the engine over. No other noises were made. I suspected either a drained battery or a bad starter. Eventually, after trouble shooting, I had Advance Auto Parts charge the battery overnight (I had tried to jump it and also charged the battery at home to no avail), reinstalled the battery and everything worked. Chalked it up to a dead battery. Fast forward to 3 days ago. Exact same issue happened again. Verified Battery was good but this time it did not start. Exact same symptoms as far as hearing a click when trying to start it and the brakes are firm and will not depress. The only time the brakes are firm is when the car will not start. It has sat for a much longer time and the brakes are fine when trying to start, so I do not suspect there is any type of vacuum leak causing the brakes to be firm and not allow them to depress. If anyone has any idea what may be causing this, I would greatly appreciate some advice on what I would need to check/do to get this taken care of. Thanks in advance, Stacey
You'll need to have the codes read to see, but I would be willing to bet there's an A0C5 code stored in the CAS module. Look for a bad or failing engine ground wire in the front right wheel well and loose plastic coated nuts on the positive leads in the engine bay (3 of them).

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Sounds like battery or ground issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts