BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a fair price for it ? It's 06 e60 m5(VIN:WBSNB93526B582667 and build date is NOV 2005) with no accident , one own car . It come with head up display , comfort access , active seat and with around 37000 miles but no warranty left .

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it consider this early build date (NOV 2005) becuase i heard many early build m5 have SMG problems all the time

·
Registered
580 Posts
The previous mention prices are what you should expect. As far as the SMG the early 06 ,build date before April/May 2006, seem to have a higher failure rate then the later models. However, with that said, there are several owners of the early 2006's that have not had a problem. The cars maintanence history would be a good indicator of past issues. If there are several SMG issues or a single reoccuring issue you might consider a different car. Whatever you decide get an extended warrantee.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i bought mine with CPO for 41k

Reactions: DooRow_88

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think you need to take a grain of salt with all of the hearsay about early build M5s having SMG problems. Looking around the internet, actual reported problems don't seem to be more prevalent in earlier builds. There are actually more posts stating "I have heard that early builds have weak SMGs" than actual posts of something bad happening. And I have seen posts of almost brand new cars with the yellow/red cog of *****. If the car has made it this far without a single problem, it's probably fine. I have no concerns taking my 2006 with 50,000 miles on a long trip with the family. I'd actually be more afraid to take a trip in a brand new 335 than in an older M5.

The major question is: does your budget limit you to an early car with higher miles out of warranty? If so, that's not a problem, that car seems fine, but think about spending another $2500 or so on an aftermarket "warranty". If your budget allows 10 to 20 grand more for a newer car with a factory warranty, that's a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Picked up mine for 39.5k. Same month and year build. My car has been flawless. Definitely do a pre-purchase inspection. Had mine done at BMW for peace of mind.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up mine for 39.5k. Same month and year build. My car has been flawless. Definitely do a pre-purchase inspection. Had mine done at BMW for peace of mind.

When did you purchased for 39.5k ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
OP - be careful with the pricing on this board -- it is based mainly on US purchases, and it has been my experience that up where you are you should expect to pay more for the same bmw - so I would say you should add between 3-5k for Canadian vehicles to the average pricing you see here in the US.

Check out completed ebay autions that actually sold -- that is a good indicator of going rate for the low end of the market and understand that you will pay MUCH more for a car still under warranty - i.e CPO.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OP - be careful with the pricing on this board -- it is based mainly on US purchases, and it has been my experience that up where you are you should expect to pay more for the same bmw - so I would say you should add between 3-5k for Canadian vehicles to the average pricing you see here in the US.

Check out completed ebay autions that actually sold -- that is a good indicator of going rate for the low end of the market and understand that you will pay MUCH more for a car still under warranty - i.e CPO.

This car is originally from US and the original owner brought back from state and registered in Canada so i assume should cost about the same in the state as well .

·
Registered
36 Posts
My main point is that there is nothing different between the cars -- it's that for several reasons the same exact cars cost more in Canada than they do here in the US. Just didn't want you to walk in to the dealer with what you think is a fair offer and they laugh in your face...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok .. i'm looking at other one right now with 43k miles with all the options (include heated/cooled seat) plus the car already have eisenmann race exhaust and H&R spring . The guy wants about 40k and pretty firm on the price . What do you guys think ?

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I picked up mine in May 2010 for $39.5k from a private owner. He was originally asking for $43k and I bargained down. Car needed new brakes and tires too so that definitely helped the bargaining. I wasn't concerned as those are standard wear and tear items.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im in the same boat also, I found one for $33k, 55k miles extended warranty, many extras. Should I purchase or wait longer?

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can anyone run this as I want to know if there is any accident and how many previous owner. WBSNB93556B583697

1 - 20 of 30 Posts